posted to rec.boats.electronics
johnhh

Default More Breaker Panel Mess

I guess I was responsible for first saying 'ground the antenna.' I was
thinking the counterpoise and was sloppy in my terminology. I am strictly a
novice, but I do know better than to ground the antenna itself just like I
am not foolish enough to think I can ground anything to a plastic hull.

John

"markvictor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well "me", since you are anonymous I can only assume you can't back
your play...Tell me where the antenna ground is on a longwire or a
backstay. and tell me where the ground conductor is in GTO-15...do you
know what that is? Or perhaps you are referring to the TUNER.... which
IS connected to your ground... is that what "me" is thinking about?
Perhaps I should clarify for you the difference between antenna and
antenna system, would that make you feel better? Yes, I did simplify my
explanation of counterpoise but that was not the issue at hand; the
issue was grounding the antenna which I again will emphatically repeat
IS NOT GROUNDED! If you don't accept this I dare you to take the
insulators out of your backstay and show us what a little modulation
will do....with your radio, of course,not mine...Ground your
tuner?...Absolutely! ....Ground your antenna?....Not mine,thank you....
And FYI "me", I hold an F.C.C. General Radiotelephone Operator's
License with endorsements, I am a certified bench tech and am working
on my broadcast engineering cert. And you might want to use spell
check...."extainious"???
This isn't Harry, is it?
markvictor

posted to rec.boats.electronics
markvictor

Gotcha....
It sure has ruffled "me's" feathers...

The Solar Panel Simulator! Larry Cruising 15 March 20th 06 12:48 AM
The Solar Panel Simulator! Larry Electronics 15 March 20th 06 12:48 AM
Breaker Panel Mess Marc Electronics 33 December 19th 05 06:58 AM
Control Panel design logic? Matt Electronics 6 October 22nd 05 07:10 PM
I bet this guy doesn't mess with me again. Capt. Neal® ASA 3 October 15th 05 02:47 PM