posted to rec.boats.electronics
Me

Default More Breaker Panel Mess

In article .com,
"markvictor" wrote:

Well "me", since you are anonymous I can only assume you can't back
your play...

snipped for brevity

And FYI "me", I hold an F.C.C. General Radiotelephone Operator's
License with endorsements, I am a certified bench tech and am working
on my broadcast engineering cert. And you might want to use spell
check...."extainious"???
This isn't Harry, is it?
markvictor

Well as long as your looking to compare "Wall Paper", it would seem,
your just a novice, in the Marine Electronics Field. I have held FCC
licenses for over 40 years, both RadioTelephone and RadioTelegraph
and First Class for both. I have an Aircraft Endorsement, as well
as Sea Time Endosements on the Telegraph ticket, and Radar Endorsements
on both. I have more time in the field of Marine Electronics than
you probubly have been alive. I have worked for the biggest OEM in
MF/HF Communications in the North Pacific, back in the day. Spent
more summers, traveling in Alaska, doing radio system design and
installation, and am the LAST of the Alaska Cannery Radiomen.
I have been an FCC Resident Field Agent, and done more SOLAS Inspections
of Title III Part II and Part III Vessels, than you have ever seen, let
alone actually been aboard. I started my career in Broadcasting before
switching to twoway, and left that field as Chief Engineer, of a 10Kw
AM/FM Station, and that was back before anyone knew about SolidState
Broadcast Transmitters, and folks dealt with REAL Big tubes and water
cooled finals. The above doesn't include any of the Papers that I have
around here somewhere, with NABER/PCIA Logos all over them, either.

I have known and worked with the best MF/HF Radiomen in Commercial
Service. These guys MADE MF/HF Communications. The likes of Ed
Parsens, Dan Farley, Dick Stephens, Eddie Zanbergen, Len Miller, Don
Hollingsworth Sr. & Jr., Bill Forgey, Bruce Gordon, Mac McPhereson,
Billy Pulse, Mark Johnson, Ed Shilling, Dennis Seth, and many, many,
more, over the years.

Sonny, your a bush league'er, and not a very good one at that. When you
figure out what a "Counterpoise" actually is, and does, and what the
difference between it and RF Ground is, and why these are required for a
Marconi Antenna to function, then maybe, if you can actually do the math
required, to explain all the above to a High School Physics Class, THEN
you will have made a, very small, dent in the Knowledge Base of RF
Communications. Untill then, best you study and learn the basics of the
field, you seem to have choosen for a career.

Me just an "Old Fart" in semi-retirment........