Steve

Default Alternative 192kHz transducers

I need a new through hull transducer (as in "though a hole in the hull"
rather than glued to the inside of the hull) for an Lowrance X-65 fish
finder. It is a 192kHz system. Does anyone know if there is a
alternative supplier of these other than Lowrance? I don't mind changing
connectors if it saves me a few bucks.

Cheers,

Steve

Vaughan Henderson

Hi Steve,

Can't help you with a through-hull transducer but do have a few new
192kHz ones intended for installation inside the hull.

Regards Vaughan
Steve

Vaughan,

What brand are they? Is that the "shoot though hull" type. My boat is
ferro and I seem to remember reading somewhere that these don't work on
ferro. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for the reply,

Steve

Vaughan Henderson wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can't help you with a through-hull transducer but do have a few new
192kHz ones intended for installation inside the hull.

Regards Vaughan

Lisa Collins

If you have any kind of metal hull, a shoot through the hull type of
transducer will not work. You would have to go with either a transom
mount transducer or a in hull transducer. Most of the 192 kHZ transducers
we stock utilize a 20 degree cone. We have a few 192kHZ tranducers that
utilize the smaller 8 degree cone.

Also if you use a through hull transducer and your boat is capable of high
speed i.e. planing type of hull or you have more than 10 degrees of dead
rise you typically need a fairing block.

For hulls made of steel or aluminum the safest bet is a plastic transducer.
This solution avoids the typical electrolysis problems.

Regards,
Lisa
www.ultimatepassage.com

Vaughan Henderson wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can't help you with a through-hull transducer but do have a few new
192kHz ones intended for installation inside the hull.

Regards Vaughan

Stephen Scheiding

glass hulls are the only ones that i've heard are able to mount the
xduser an inside bubble. for a source of xdusers, try airmar. most of
the brands get theirs from airmar,

http://www.airmar.com/

steve scheiding

Vaughan Henderson wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can't help you with a through-hull transducer but do have a few new
192kHz ones intended for installation inside the hull.

Regards Vaughan

Doug

AirMar through the hulls will work with some metal hulls. They gave
presentations at Furuno, Raymarine and Northstar service seminars. What was
interesting was that in some cases thicker aluminum hull material was better
than thinner metal. I suggest you check AirMar literature regarding what
metals work and recommended thickness for through the hull ducers.
Doug K7ABX

Vaughan Henderson wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can't help you with a through-hull transducer but do have a few new
192kHz ones intended for installation inside the hull.

Regards Vaughan

Bruce in Alaska

In article t,
"Doug" wrote:

AirMar through the hulls will work with some metal hulls. They gave
presentations at Furuno, Raymarine and Northstar service seminars. What was
interesting was that in some cases thicker aluminum hull material was better
than thinner metal. I suggest you check AirMar literature regarding what
metals work and recommended thickness for through the hull ducers.
Doug K7ABX

When I worked at Northern Radio in Seattle, (30 years ago) I worked on a
DE in Todd Shipyard that used a Hydrolic Ram to shock the Hull and make
it ring at the designed frequency of the sonar. Totally Mechanical Sonar
Transmitter and very sensitive Receiving Transducers. They figured that
the transmit power was in the hundreds of KWs and you really couldn't
sleep when it was active, because the whole hull was vibrating at the
resonate frequency.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @