Lisa Collins

If you have any kind of metal hull, a shoot through the hull type of
transducer will not work. You would have to go with either a transom
mount transducer or a in hull transducer. Most of the 192 kHZ transducers
we stock utilize a 20 degree cone. We have a few 192kHZ tranducers that
utilize the smaller 8 degree cone.

Also if you use a through hull transducer and your boat is capable of high
speed i.e. planing type of hull or you have more than 10 degrees of dead
rise you typically need a fairing block.

For hulls made of steel or aluminum the safest bet is a plastic transducer.
This solution avoids the typical electrolysis problems.

Regards,
Lisa
www.ultimatepassage.com

Steve wrote:

Vaughan,

What brand are they? Is that the "shoot though hull" type. My boat is
ferro and I seem to remember reading somewhere that these don't work on
ferro. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for the reply,

Steve

Vaughan Henderson wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can't help you with a through-hull transducer but do have a few new
192kHz ones intended for installation inside the hull.

Regards Vaughan