Doug

AirMar through the hulls will work with some metal hulls. They gave
presentations at Furuno, Raymarine and Northstar service seminars. What was
interesting was that in some cases thicker aluminum hull material was better
than thinner metal. I suggest you check AirMar literature regarding what
metals work and recommended thickness for through the hull ducers.
Doug K7ABX

"Lisa Collins" wrote in message
If you have any kind of metal hull, a shoot through the hull type of
transducer will not work. You would have to go with either a transom
mount transducer or a in hull transducer. Most of the 192 kHZ transducers
we stock utilize a 20 degree cone. We have a few 192kHZ tranducers that
utilize the smaller 8 degree cone.

Also if you use a through hull transducer and your boat is capable of high
speed i.e. planing type of hull or you have more than 10 degrees of dead
rise you typically need a fairing block.

For hulls made of steel or aluminum the safest bet is a plastic

transducer.
This solution avoids the typical electrolysis problems.

Regards,
Lisa
www.ultimatepassage.com

Steve wrote:

Vaughan,

What brand are they? Is that the "shoot though hull" type. My boat is
ferro and I seem to remember reading somewhere that these don't work on
ferro. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for the reply,

Steve

Vaughan Henderson wrote:

Hi Steve,

Can't help you with a through-hull transducer but do have a few new
192kHz ones intended for installation inside the hull.

Regards Vaughan