Bruce in Alaska

Default First Phone?

In article k.net,
Rick wrote:

Larry W4CSC wrote:

"I've never met anyone so full of pure bull**** in my entire life as
you, Gary. It's simply incredible.

One hopes noone in their right mind will hire you as an engineer and
suffer the consequences.

What class licenses and degrees do you hold, anyways? I've been a 1st
phone licensee since the 1960's, an avid ham operator since 1957 when I
was 10 and graduated with honors from many military electronics schools
run by the US Navy because Vietnam's draft kinda got in the way of
college in 1964."

So, Larry, where is that First Phone and all the other licenses you
claim to hold? The FCC seems to have missed them in their license database.

It really is "simply incredible."

Rick

Just because one can't find a license in the FCC Database, doesn't mean
that it doesn't exist. I hold a First Class RadioTelegraph with
Aircraft Endorsment - Lifetime, that isn't listed, as well as a few
others, that aren't in there.

Bruce in alaska who actually passed those in front of my boss,
"The EIC" of the Seattle Field Office.
--
add a 2 before @
Rick

Bruce in Alaska wrote:

Just because one can't find a license in the FCC Database, doesn't mean
that it doesn't exist. I hold a First Class RadioTelegraph with
Aircraft Endorsment - Lifetime, that isn't listed, as well as a few
others, that aren't in there.

Sorry, Bruce ... if your license isn't in the database it doesn't exist.
Other people I know who hold 1st telegraph are in it, I am in it, Larry
isn't.

You are shown to hold a GROL that was converted in 2001, as far as the
FCC is concerned that is the extent of your commercial licensing. And
besides the GROL or a restricted phone which licenses don't expire?

[Code of Federal Regulations]
[Title 47, Volume 1]
[Revised as of October 1, 2003]
From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
[CITE: 47CFR13.15]

[Page 680]

TITLE 47--TELECOMMUNICATION

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

PART 13--COMMERCIAL RADIO OPERATORS--Table of Contents

Sec. 13.15 License term.

(a) Commercial radio operator licenses are normally valid for a term
of five years from the date of issuance, except as provided in paragraph
(b) of this section.
(b) General Radiotelephone Operator Licenses, Restricted
Radiotelephone Operator Permits, and Restricted Radiotelephone Operator
Permits-Limited Use are normally valid for the lifetime of the holder.
The terms of all Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permits issued prior
to November 15, 1953, and valid on that date, are extended to the
lifetime of the operator.

All you or Larry have to do is post those license numbers to show you
have them ... until you or Larry can show that the FCC is wrong the
public record speaks for itself.

Rick

Bruce in Alaska

In article k.net,
Rick wrote:

Sorry, Bruce ... if your license isn't in the database it doesn't exist.
Other people I know who hold 1st telegraph are in it, I am in it, Larry
isn't.

You are shown to hold a GROL that was converted in 2001, as far as the
FCC is concerned that is the extent of your commercial licensing. And
besides the GROL or a restricted phone which licenses don't expire?

That just isn't the case. My First Telegraph is here on the wall
and is a Lifetime Permit. Says so right on it, in the Experation Date
field is printed "Lifetime". It was Issued by the Portland Field Office
on the same date as my Lifetime GROL. (Jan. 2, 1985) I just got off
the phone with an old buddy back at HQ, who told me that it is still
valid, and if anyone tells me otherwise they are just "Full of it".
So if the my former employer, (FCC) says it's good, I see no reason to
not believe them. I suspect that there are a bunch of these Telegraph
tickets that are like mine, and aren't in the DataBase, as the FCC had a
terrible habit of loosing track of stuff, before the Operator Licensing
was centralized, back in Gettysburg, PA. in the late 80's.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @
Rick

Bruce in Alaska wrote:

That just isn't the case. My First Telegraph is here on the wall
and is a Lifetime Permit. Says so right on it, in the Experation Date
field is printed "Lifetime".

The FCC wrote"

"First Class licenses were converted to lifetime GROL's provided that
they were renewed prior to or after June 14, 1984. If these licenses
were not renewed at that time, they would have expired and no longer be
in the database.

GMDSS licenses have a 5-year term with a 5-year grace period. If a GMDSS
license expired and was not renewed within the grace period, it too
would no longer be in the database.

Should you have any further questions or need additional information,
please continue to contact us by email or call the Auctions/ULS Hotline
at 1-877-480-3201, selecting option 2 after the main menu recording.

Sincerely,

Agent 3852 dmk

So there is its folks ... what's in the database is what there is ...
anything else is wallpaper or BS.

Rick

Doug

Bruce,
Just go enter your 1st telegraph in the data base, and if it is valid, it
will be accepted. This is the advice I got and followed from a nice lady in
Gettysburg about 3 years ago when my GROL lifetime disappeared from the
site. Enter your number without any hyphens.
Doug K7ABX
"Bruce in Alaska" wrote in message
In article k.net,
Rick wrote:

[...]

Leanne

So there is its folks ... what's in the database is what there is ...
anything else is wallpaper or BS.

I went on line last week and renewed my ham license and have since got the
new one in the mail. At the same time I did a name change on my GROL and now
it shows up. You are right about the wallpaper. I think my 1st phone is in
the picture frame tucked behind my NARTE Certifications.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

Doug

I went on line last week and renewed my ham license and have since got the
new one in the mail. At the same time I did a name change on my GROL and

now
it shows up. You are right about the wallpaper. I think my 1st phone is in
the picture frame tucked behind my NARTE Certifications.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

My first phone (with the big cancelled stamp) is displayed at home next to
my expired NARTE Class I Engineer with dual masters endorsements. After 10
years of so of paying $60 a year for that, and never finding an employer
that even knew what it was, I dropped NARTE.
Doug K7ABX

Doug Dotson

What is NARTE? "Not A Real Telecommunication Endorsement"?

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Doug" wrote in message
nk.net...

I went on line last week and renewed my ham license and have since got

the
new one in the mail. At the same time I did a name change on my GROL and

now
it shows up. You are right about the wallpaper. I think my 1st phone is

in
the picture frame tucked behind my NARTE Certifications.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

My first phone (with the big cancelled stamp) is displayed at home next to
my expired NARTE Class I Engineer with dual masters endorsements. After 10
years of so of paying $60 a year for that, and never finding an employer
that even knew what it was, I dropped NARTE.
Doug K7ABX

L.

I don't know about NARTE (never heard of it til now), but I once seen an
ISCET deal, offering Certified Electronics Technician Certification. Upon
completing "their" course and passing, it "supposedly" qualified you for a
GROL without further testing. BS....... I wrote them to ask if I had an FCC
GROL, if they would then certify me as a Certified Tech, they said NO. I did
it just to see their reply. I have no plans to ever go through them for
cert. I have an FCC License and have had it plus an Amateur Extra for quite
a while. I am also self employed. I don't need to prove myself to them. How
is it, THEY can offer an FCC license without "further" testing, meaning
without sitting in for the FCC Exam? That is not right. Not in my opinion it
isn't. I know many who've went through years of Electronics training and
schooling WITH a degree or Certificate and they STILL had to sit for the FCC
license. Who the hell is ISCET paying off to do this? It leads me to believe
something is amiss here. Just my opinion.

L.

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
What is NARTE? "Not A Real Telecommunication Endorsement"?

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Doug" wrote in message
nk.net...

I went on line last week and renewed my ham license and have since got

the
new one in the mail. At the same time I did a name change on my GROL

and
now
it shows up. You are right about the wallpaper. I think my 1st phone

is
in
the picture frame tucked behind my NARTE Certifications.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

My first phone (with the big cancelled stamp) is displayed at home next

my expired NARTE Class I Engineer with dual masters endorsements. After

10
years of so of paying $60 a year for that, and never finding an employer
that even knew what it was, I dropped NARTE.
Doug K7ABX

Doug Dotson

Beats me. I have a Masters in EE and CS but it never ocurred to me
that the FCC might just hand over a ticket to me based upon that. I
sat for the tests for all the tickets I have or have ever had. So what
is NARTE anyway?

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"L." wrote in message
[...]