Rick

Default First Phone?

Doug Dotson wrote:

So what is NARTE anyway?

http://www.narte.org/

Larry would probably claim executive membership ... but then he seems
to have vanished.

Rick

Doug

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
Beats me. I have a Masters in EE and CS but it never ocurred to me
that the FCC might just hand over a ticket to me based upon that. I
sat for the tests for all the tickets I have or have ever had. So what
is NARTE anyway?

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

NARTE is the National Association of Radio and Telecommunications
Engineers....its a good program with lots of endorsements in both RF and
non-RF radiating. They have a great EMI/RFI endorsement that is required in
many US government contracts. They have the NARTE Certified Engineer and
NARTE Certified Technician. A ham ticket will get you a Technician grade 4
which you have to upgrade to level 3 in a year or so or lose it.
I have the ETA-I (not ISCET) Master Certified Electronics Technician and
have been a test administrator also. It is a good set of exams, more
practical than math related. They give you a portion of a circuit board
trace and the components between foil traces. You have to draw a schematic
and then figure out what the circuit is....I was really surprised to find
that in an exam, but it sure relates to the real world of trying to repair
an electronic device with no schematic.
Doug K7ABX

L.

"Doug" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

Sort of what the FCC exams for Commercial and some Ham used to be WAY
BACK.......

L.