Rick

Default First Phone?

Bruce in Alaska wrote:

Just because one can't find a license in the FCC Database, doesn't mean
that it doesn't exist. I hold a First Class RadioTelegraph with
Aircraft Endorsment - Lifetime, that isn't listed, as well as a few
others, that aren't in there.

Sorry, Bruce ... if your license isn't in the database it doesn't exist.
Other people I know who hold 1st telegraph are in it, I am in it, Larry
isn't.

You are shown to hold a GROL that was converted in 2001, as far as the
FCC is concerned that is the extent of your commercial licensing. And
besides the GROL or a restricted phone which licenses don't expire?

[Code of Federal Regulations]
[Title 47, Volume 1]
[Revised as of October 1, 2003]
From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
[CITE: 47CFR13.15]

[Page 680]

TITLE 47--TELECOMMUNICATION

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION

PART 13--COMMERCIAL RADIO OPERATORS--Table of Contents

Sec. 13.15 License term.

(a) Commercial radio operator licenses are normally valid for a term
of five years from the date of issuance, except as provided in paragraph
(b) of this section.
(b) General Radiotelephone Operator Licenses, Restricted
Radiotelephone Operator Permits, and Restricted Radiotelephone Operator
Permits-Limited Use are normally valid for the lifetime of the holder.
The terms of all Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permits issued prior
to November 15, 1953, and valid on that date, are extended to the
lifetime of the operator.

All you or Larry have to do is post those license numbers to show you
have them ... until you or Larry can show that the FCC is wrong the
public record speaks for itself.

Rick