L.

Default First Phone?

I don't know about NARTE (never heard of it til now), but I once seen an
ISCET deal, offering Certified Electronics Technician Certification. Upon
completing "their" course and passing, it "supposedly" qualified you for a
GROL without further testing. BS....... I wrote them to ask if I had an FCC
GROL, if they would then certify me as a Certified Tech, they said NO. I did
it just to see their reply. I have no plans to ever go through them for
cert. I have an FCC License and have had it plus an Amateur Extra for quite
a while. I am also self employed. I don't need to prove myself to them. How
is it, THEY can offer an FCC license without "further" testing, meaning
without sitting in for the FCC Exam? That is not right. Not in my opinion it
isn't. I know many who've went through years of Electronics training and
schooling WITH a degree or Certificate and they STILL had to sit for the FCC
license. Who the hell is ISCET paying off to do this? It leads me to believe
something is amiss here. Just my opinion.

L.

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
What is NARTE? "Not A Real Telecommunication Endorsement"?

Doug, k3qt
s/v Callista

"Doug" wrote in message
nk.net...

I went on line last week and renewed my ham license and have since got

the
new one in the mail. At the same time I did a name change on my GROL

and
now
it shows up. You are right about the wallpaper. I think my 1st phone

is
in
the picture frame tucked behind my NARTE Certifications.

Leanne
s/v Fundy

My first phone (with the big cancelled stamp) is displayed at home next

my expired NARTE Class I Engineer with dual masters endorsements. After

10
years of so of paying $60 a year for that, and never finding an employer
that even knew what it was, I dropped NARTE.
Doug K7ABX