James Hart

Default Marine PC's

I am looking at installing an onboard computer onto our boat to use to run
chart plotting software as well as regular old computer stuff while we float
around. I am looking for a wall mount capable PC, durable for the marine
environment that is MS Windows based. There are a couple of brands out on
the internet but most are sold overseas. Is there a popular brand of marine
PC used here in the US?

Leanne

"James Hart" wrote in message
I am looking at installing an onboard computer onto our boat to

use to run
chart plotting software as well as regular old computer stuff

while we float
around. I am looking for a wall mount capable PC, durable for

the marine
environment that is MS Windows based. There are a couple of

brands out on
the internet but most are sold overseas. Is there a popular

brand of marine
PC used here in the US?

Just to start you on your search. I am not connected to any of
these vendors, just have a lot or stuff stored in this junk box.

http://www.argonautcomputer.com/index.htm

https://www.cybernetman.com/default.cfm/DocId/602.htm

http://www.littlepc.com/index.htm

Leanne
s/v Fundy

Keith

If you're going to install the computer in a protected area like a
pilothouse, marinizing is unnecessary. You only need that if you're going to
use it on an exposed flying bridge or similar where rain and sal****er will
get on it.

"Leanne" wrote in message

"James Hart" wrote in message
I am looking at installing an onboard computer onto our boat to

use to run
chart plotting software as well as regular old computer stuff

while we float
around. I am looking for a wall mount capable PC, durable for

the marine
environment that is MS Windows based. There are a couple of

brands out on
the internet but most are sold overseas. Is there a popular

brand of marine
PC used here in the US?

Just to start you on your search. I am not connected to any of
these vendors, just have a lot or stuff stored in this junk box.

http://www.argonautcomputer.com/index.htm

https://www.cybernetman.com/default.cfm/DocId/602.htm

http://www.littlepc.com/index.htm

Leanne
s/v Fundy

Rick

James Hart wrote:

I am looking at installing an onboard computer onto our boat to use to run
chart plotting software as well as regular old computer stuff while we float
around. I am looking for a wall mount capable PC, durable for the marine
environment that is MS Windows based. There are a couple of brands out on
the internet but most are sold overseas. Is there a popular brand of marine
PC used here in the US?

I use a Dell Latitude

Larry W4CSC

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:20:51 -0600, Rick wrote:

James Hart wrote:

I am looking at installing an onboard computer onto our boat to use to run
chart plotting software as well as regular old computer stuff while we float
around. I am looking for a wall mount capable PC, durable for the marine
environment that is MS Windows based. There are a couple of brands out on
the internet but most are sold overseas. Is there a popular brand of marine
PC used here in the US?

I use a Dell Latitude

So don't we! Latitude has a nautical name. Isn't that "boat"
enough?....(c;

Larry W4CSC

NNNN

bruce

about 18months ago we installed a dozen hp industrial pc's on a
fleet of pearling trawlers in north australia. they had a 12v input and
were "ruggedised" or shockproofed, mainly used for course plotting, in
this instance. cost equivalent us$2k each including panel screen.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:41:07 -0800, James Hart wrote:

I am looking at installing an onboard computer onto our boat to use to run
chart plotting software as well as regular old computer stuff while we
float around. I am looking for a wall mount capable PC, durable for the
marine environment that is MS Windows based. There are a couple of brands
out on the internet but most are sold overseas. Is there a popular brand
of marine PC used here in the US?

Michael O'shea

I use a Panasonic Toughbook ruggedised laptop. Designed from the bottom up
as a ruggedised unit, not an office model that has been "stiffened".
Excellent.

www.panasonic.com

Mike

Auto parts on marine motors? Shawn Willden General 28 July 19th 04 03:30 PM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Source for cheap tinned marine battery cable Genuinedealz Boat Building 0 April 21st 04 02:55 PM
Marine VHF radio range? Type? Buy where? Ken Electronics 9 September 13th 03 04:52 AM