Glen

Default Announce: NMEA utility cpRepeater v1.2.2 available

Version 1.2.2 offers enhanced TCP/IP network operation and a new
"Lite" mode of operation which offers the most-used features at a
reduced price.

cpRepeater primarily functions as a repeater and integration tool for
NMEA0183-compliant instruments including GPS units. For instance, a
sailboat with a full suite of instruments in the cockpit might need
the same information available at the nav station. Rather than buying
hardware repeaters or duplicate instruments, the owner could opt to
install cpRepeater on the nav station PC. cpRepeater can forward NMEA
data across TCP/IP networks and integrates with OziExplorer to
exchange position and waypoint information.

cpRepeater is shareware and is available at www.worldwidewiley.com

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/

Glen

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:10:51 -0800, "SpamJam"
tempted fate with:

Whoop-de-doo! IBIS has had this for 5+ years.

News Flash!

Wheels invented in stone age! Anonymous usenet poster declares: "No
need to build any more!" :-)

Not all that anonymous, though. I've been told that you are Ron
Whatley, the IBIS author. Not that it really matters, but some folks
here might have some questions about your software, if you'd care to
decloak.

As for IBIS, I think I tried it some time back, but I liked
OziExplorer better for what it did, so I licensed that instead. You
forgot to mention the IBIS url:
http://www.silcom.com/~rwhately/

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/
Glen

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:10:51 -0800, "SpamJam"
tempted fate with:

Whoop-de-doo! IBIS has had this for 5+ years.

News Flash!

Wheels invented in stone age! Anonymous usenet poster declares: "No
need to build any more!" :-)

As for IBIS, I think I tried it some time back, but I liked
OziExplorer better for what it did, so I licensed that instead. You
forgot to mention the IBIS url, Ron:
http://www.silcom.com/~rwhately/

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/

Glen

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:38:50 -0800, "SpamJam"
tempted fate with:

OH, BTW, thanks for the free advert!

No problem, Ron. I don't mind people checking out your solution too.
Anyway, just returning the favor. Every reply to this thread ups *my*
search engine ratings. :-)

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/
Glen

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:37:47 -0800, "SpamJam"
tempted fate with:

Well, I guess it's better late than never.

Oooh, a touch, a touch, I confess. I am slain! :-0

What does your program do anyway? Since my program is big on
integration, it might wind up installed on a machine with yours
someday, and it's been years since I saw it. I think it was freeware
or open source or something back then?

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/
SpamJam

The reason for my original barb was, in part, because I'm pretty much
against advertising ("Announcements") on the UseNet. If you want to carry on
further on this subject lets take it off the group.

"Glen Wiley Wilson" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:37:47 -0800, "SpamJam"
tempted fate with:

Well, I guess it's better late than never.

Oooh, a touch, a touch, I confess. I am slain! :-0

What does your program do anyway? Since my program is big on
integration, it might wind up installed on a machine with yours
someday, and it's been years since I saw it. I think it was freeware
or open source or something back then?

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/

Glen

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:58:07 -0800, "SpamJam"
tempted fate with:

The reason for my original barb was, in part, because I'm pretty much
against advertising ("Announcements") on the UseNet. If you want to carry on
further on this subject lets take it off the group.

Excerpted from the R.B.E charter, voted on and passed by the founding
members:

"For Sale" and "Wanted To Buy" postings are not appropriate in this
group (rec.boats.marketplace exists for that purpose), but new product
announcements and discussions are appropriate.

End of excerpt.

I asked about your product because it sounds interesting, it's
on-topic, and I like to stay current on the industry. No other
agenda. Of course, that doesn't obligate you to answer.