Default Sam's Club 6 volt batteries - good or bad?

They look similar to Trojan T-105's - are they better, worse, same as?
They are about $65 or so. 210 AH.
-----------------
-----------------

On Nov 10, 5:56 pm, wrote:
They look similar to Trojan T-105's - are they better, worse, same as?
They are about $65 or so. 210 AH.
-----------------www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com- *Completion*Retention*Speed*
-----------------

I've had bad luck with Wal Mart Batteries, Chinese crap.

wrote in :

They look similar to Trojan T-105's - are they better, worse, same as?
They are about $65 or so. 210 AH.
-----------------
-----------------

Oh, how awful! No, no, NO! That will never do!

You must always buy the most expensive battery you can find from the most
exclusive boat chandler within 100 nautical miles for your boat.

Noone in their right mind would ever buy anything for their yacht except:
http://www.rollsbattery.com/
or
http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/
or
http://www.optimabatteries.com/home.php

Everybody knows only batteries costing thousands should be professionally
installed by only the finest battery experts in your Bayliner.

SARCASM OFF.

210AH isn't much power because you should only discharge them down 105AH
before recharging. But, if that's enough power, or you have room for many
banks of these, they're fine.......

.....but, for God's sake, NEVER let anyone at the marina know you bought
them at WalMart!

On Nov 10, 8:41 pm, Larry wrote:
wrote :

[...]

I finally decided I cannot afford the cheap stuff from Wal Mart or
Harbor Freight. Most of it is all Chinese made and is so bad that you
spend so much time returning it you lose money compared to something
slightly more expensive and US made. Sure, they exchange their
batteries when they go bad but how often do you want to lug a battery
from your car into Wal Mart and go through the exchange process, 3
times in a year seemed excessive to me.
This weekend, I was using a Harbor Freight pair of slip joint pliers
and they simply broke, now I gotta go to Sears and buy the good ones
that dont break like I shoulda in the first place. Every so often you
might get something from Harbor Freight in the way of expendable
tools, like some TiN coated drills for next to nothing. Hell, I
expect to break and lose them so they are ok However, most of their
stuff is pure junk.
I warn you, do not buy outlet strips made in China. One ended up
costing me $60,000 when a cold solder joint caused the whole thing to
get too hot and started a fire. I was almost sick when I saw what the
fire investigator showed me on the Chinese outlet strip.
I run an X-ray spectroscopy company. One of my employees had a son
with one of those Thomas Train toys from China, we checked the paint,
it was pure lead oxide, you coulda used it for radiation shielding.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 05:24:29 +0000, Larry wrote:

wrote in news:5b5053a2-afd4-4f53-99b1-6018d23ee065
:

I finally decided I cannot afford the cheap stuff from Wal Mart or
Harbor Freight.

Er, ah, Johnson Controls makes batteries for Walmart's Everstart brand.

Yuasa makes the small lead acid batteries, on of the best battery companies
on the planet.

Big batteries are too heavy to ship from Asia, so they contract Johnson
Controls to make them. Johnson Controls is the biggest lead-acid battery
manufacturer left in the USA.

Like all manufacturers, Johnson can make batteries to attain any price
point specified. Walmart tells them what they want to pay for a
battery, and Johnson supplies it. The best way to compare the quality
of flooded lead acid deep cycle batteries is to weigh them. There are
other minor things that do make a difference, but weight is by far the
most important factor.

Weigh a Lifeline group 27, a Rolls goup 27, and a Walmart group 27
and see if there is a difference.

There is a reason that Walmart batteries lose capacity so quickly.

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 05:24:29 +0000, Larry wrote:

Big batteries are too heavy to ship from Asia, so they contract Johnson
Controls to make them. Johnson Controls is the biggest lead-acid battery
manufacturer left in the USA.

Heavy compared to a 40 000 container?

Casady