Default Go Lehman GO!

I did it AGAIN! Love the ride.

Friday, just as she started a little pop off 10c/share on the pink sheets,
I held my breath and punched [RETURN], dumping the $1800 balance in my
Ameritrade account into Lehman Brothers at 11c/share. It got to 40c/share
but has slacked off to about 30c today, tripling my money before the tax
bureaucrats show up for their half....(c;

It worked this way with Enron. It also worked with Worldcom!

Now some Asians are gonna buy up some assets they like. Might make
50c/share on MONDAY after the idiots in DC bail out the billionaire
bankers.

This is more fun than a roller coaster!....(c;

"Those shares are useless! SELL them to me cheap!"

What a country!.....(c;

Las Vegas is nowhere near as much fun as the Pink Sheets....

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:47:12 +0000, Larry wrote:

Las Vegas is nowhere near as much fun as the Pink Sheets....

What is the bid and asked spread ?

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:47:12 +0000, Larry wrote:

Las Vegas is nowhere near as much fun as the Pink Sheets....

What is the bid and asked spread ?

a few pennies....(c;

Hey, this is the PINK SHEETS where they put the dirty laundry!

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:21:23 +0000, Larry wrote:

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:47:12 +0000, Larry wrote:

Las Vegas is nowhere near as much fun as the Pink Sheets....

What is the bid and asked spread ?

a few pennies....(c;

Hey, this is the PINK SHEETS where they put the dirty laundry!

The bid and ask spread on penny stocks is like the house advantage in
Vegas. Between the spread and commissions, the house will get you
every time in the long run.

On 2008-09-26 18:47:12 -0400, Larry said:

I did it AGAIN! Love the ride.

Friday, just as she started a little pop off 10c/share on the pink
sheets, I held my breath and punched [RETURN], dumping the $1800
balance in my Ameritrade account into Lehman Brothers at 11c/share. It
got to 40c/share but has slacked off to about 30c today, tripling my
money before the tax bureaucrats show up for their half....(c;

CONGRATS!

Just don't begin to assume all your "feelings" are right.

Invest or not dispassionately.

If you have an emotional connection, you probably should hold tight or
choose something else.

I've been programming that biz since 1980 and have seen some
spectacular crashes.

--
Jere Lull

Wayne.B wrote in
:

Between the spread and commissions, the house will get you
every time in the long run.

You don't trade online for $7?

Jere Lull wrote in news:2008092700580375249-
jerelull@maccom:

I've been programming that biz since 1980 and have seen some
spectacular crashes.

The bankers are cookin' the books to have the ultimate crash, worse than
1929, in collusion with those *******s in the government who are working
overtime this weekend to make sure JP Morgan/Chase and the other megabanks
have enough cash in hand to buy out the little banks going belly up, WaMu
style, for pennies on the dollar....just like they did in 1921 and 1929
and......the other smaller crashes they all took great benefit from at
taxpayer expense.

It's all a sham, just like 9/11. Trillions have simply vanished into thin
air. But you know that's not true. Trillions have simply CHANGED HANDS to
the residents of the City of London Corporation....but super rich, same as
always.

On 2008-09-27 11:10:04 -0400, Larry said:

It's all a sham, just like 9/11. Trillions have simply vanished into
thin air. But you know that's not true. Trillions have simply CHANGED
HANDS

Trillions never existed, were only numbers on a spreadsheet created out
of pretty much thin air.

The market goes up, the market goes down. The value of my portfolios go
up, they go down. I gain/lose nothing until I sell.

I can not count the number of times I counseled nervous friends in a
down market that the market will probably rebound; if they cash out,
they lock-in the paper losses. My ex ignored me as her 10k investment
dropped to 7.5k. She locked in that loss. Had she sat on her hands, she
could have realized a 10k gain just a year later.

Should the entire economy tank and we go into a depression, my
investments and house will have the same value relative to the price of
bread, about the only true measure.

I'm currently deciding where to invest my severance. It won't be under
the mattress.

--
Jere Lull

On 2008-09-27 11:10:04 -0400, Larry said:

[...]

Well, that might not be true... if you have money in stocks, say a mutual
fund, and we have a depression where the companies go out of business, the
stock will become worthless. While it's true that your house will always
retain some value, this also depends on who actually owns the house. If it's
free and clear, then you only have to pay taxes and utilities. If the bank
owns the house, you become unemployed because the company went out of
business or cuts way back, etc., then you'll have trouble making your
mortgage payment. If enough of the big banks fail, e.g., WaMu (currently)
and BofA, then you won't have access to money.

During the Depression, my father and grandfather owned their own business.
Even though there wasn't any work, they still went to the building in
Manhattan owned it outright), which was a ferry ride away. I don't recall
how much they paid for the ferry crossing, but I do remember my father
telling me that if they didn't bring something to eat, then they each
brought a nickel to buy something, typically cow-kidney sandwiches with a
little mustard.

At one point, a customer wanted something made, but the material was on the
other side of town. So, my father hiked across town, picked up the steel,
put it on his back, and hiked back, which took him most of the day. They
worked all night to get the work done, and ate the remaining sandwich,
splitting it for dinner. He told me that they make about $20, which was a
fortune at the time.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-09-27 17:13:36 -0400, "Capt. JG" said:

"Jere Lull" wrote in message

Should the entire economy tank and we go into a depression, my
investments and house will have the same value relative to the price of
bread, about the only true measure.

Well, that might not be true... if you have money in stocks, say a
mutual fund, and we have a depression where the companies go out of
business, the stock will become worthless.

That portion of the mutual fund would become worthless, but a
broadly-based mutual fund will track what its based upon. I'm tending
towards index funds that "blindly" invest in every company in, for
instance, the Fortune 500. THAT could become worthless only if ALL
those companies went out of business. If that happens, we will have
worse things to worry about.

While it's true that your house will always retain some value, this
also depends on who actually owns the house.

Ours has been free and clear since '85, courtesy of my parents who
married in '35.

--
Jere Lull

Expected life for Ford Lehman diesel engines? Alan Heslop Cruising 11 May 5th 15 05:54 PM
Ford Lehman blown head gaskets EJW General 2 June 26th 06 02:21 PM
lehman 120 rough idle Drew Cruising 4 June 9th 06 04:03 AM
Info Lehman 4d61 parts avail boater435 Cruising 3 September 12th 05 04:54 PM
Ford Lehman Parts Aquamaid Pty Ltd General 13 June 16th 04 02:40 PM