Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Go Lehman GO!

On 2008-09-27 11:10:04 -0400, Larry said:

It's all a sham, just like 9/11. Trillions have simply vanished into
thin air. But you know that's not true. Trillions have simply CHANGED
HANDS

Trillions never existed, were only numbers on a spreadsheet created out
of pretty much thin air.

The market goes up, the market goes down. The value of my portfolios go
up, they go down. I gain/lose nothing until I sell.

I can not count the number of times I counseled nervous friends in a
down market that the market will probably rebound; if they cash out,
they lock-in the paper losses. My ex ignored me as her 10k investment
dropped to 7.5k. She locked in that loss. Had she sat on her hands, she
could have realized a 10k gain just a year later.

Should the entire economy tank and we go into a depression, my
investments and house will have the same value relative to the price of
bread, about the only true measure.

I'm currently deciding where to invest my severance. It won't be under
the mattress.

--
Jere Lull