Default Leave - 3 weeks off!

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:57:58 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Hey Tom... well, no need to rush out there... good to wait if necessary.

I never said that there wouldn't be bad days and that people don't die or
are injured.

This is really funny. A seemingly innocent statement gets all
tortured out of shape.
I think the problem is taking "A bad day fishing..." and using it for
sailing.
Fishermen would have never argued about it.
Sailors are a contentious lot, and it looks like it won't work with
them.

--Vic

I got a fish hook caught in my thumb when I was 38. I haven't eaten fish
since. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
Hey Tom... well, no need to rush out there... good to wait if necessary.

I never said that there wouldn't be bad days and that people don't die or
are injured. You don't often get that in an office environment. But, in
general, I'd rather be sailing and take my chances. Would you rather die
of a coronary sitting behind a desk, having just finished a donut or
would you rather die while sailing? I know which one you've obviously
chosen, and I can only hope to one day make the same choice.

I'm betting that despite your willingness to pay a large sum for a
do-over, you learned from the experiences.

I would rather die sailing, having just finished a donut.

I know people who would rather die than not finish the donut.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
On Oct 20, 5:57 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Hey Tom... well, no need to rush out there... good to wait if necessary.

Thanks. We like it here, but the seasons are changing and if we stick
around much longer I'll have to lean how to speak Californian. I'm
terrible with languages.

I've been here since 1967 and I have to listen carefully and speak slowly.

...Would you rather die of
a coronary sitting behind a desk, having just finished a donut or would
you
rather die while sailing? ...

I've got a choice? Can I skip the whole dying thing all together?

One word... cyonics...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics

I'm betting that despite your willingness to pay a large sum
for a do-over, you learned from the experiences.

Yeah, but some lessons like nasty lightning storms are about as fun as
Russian roulette I'd be content to just read in a book.

I don't want to argue the point to hard. As bumper sticker philosophy
I like your saying. I'm just pointing out that it is more of a
guideline than a hard and fast truism...

I know... I don't like lightening either... experienced that inshore on Lake
Tahoe. Also, I hate bumper stickers. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote

I don't want to argue the point to hard. As bumper sticker philosophy
I like your saying. I'm just pointing out that it is more of a
guideline than a hard and fast truism...

I would simply add the caveat of "any boating trip where you tie the boat
to the dock and walk away". (or mooring as the case may be.)

--
Roger Long

On Oct 21, 6:28*am, "Roger Long" wrote:
I would simply add the caveat of *"any boating trip where you tie the boat
to the dock and walk away". *(or mooring as the case may be.)...

How about: "in retrospect: the worst day sailing is..." But then the
temptation is to finish with "worth two beers at the bar."

I think that if rbc were to produce a bumper sticker it would have a
catchy and amusing saying in bold letters and then a long scroll
dragging behind it with numbered paragraphs of definitions and
exclusions ("iii. excepting when taken with the mother in law; except
where the mother in law has good relations with the bettered party and
the spouse of the bettered party and with both when in company...")
and maybe a rant or two from the resident jesters ("cccxi. these ####
morons know nothing of sailing; a good day sailing is for grilymen;
all sailing should be done by men alone in small open boats at
latitudes greater than 50 in the winter against the prevailing
winds...") and perhaps a massive musical missive from Skip -- here
excluded because I can't type or think nearly quickly enough to
compose one and get anything else done in a day.

Strangely, I find all that fun and more than a little addictive. I
hope I'll get the chance to check in from time to time. But just in
case I don't: Thanks! I've enjoyed hanging out with all of you.

QRT for now,

-- Tom.

A bumper sticker is doable, as long as the font is small enough. The last
line can read, "If you can read this, _______."

wrote in message
[...]

3 weeks in Penobscot Bay richard Cruising 12 May 22nd 07 11:13 PM
16 weeks at sea JLG Cruising 0 April 17th 06 03:23 PM
Only Two Weeks! Bobsprit ASA 3 December 2nd 03 12:55 AM
One of those weeks. Clams Canino General 3 November 14th 03 08:41 PM
No work for four weeks! Keith ASA 7 July 21st 03 01:54 AM