Default Leave - 3 weeks off!

Got three weeks off work.

Flying to Exmouth tomorrow to the airport that used to service the US Navy
station at Learmonth at midday.

Joining a Beneteau 43 to bring back down the coast to Mandurah.

4 guys - know two of the others but don't know the Brit yet.

21o57'19"S / 114.08.24.64E down to 32o31'24''S / 115o42'54"E.

About 840 miles, though we'll be calling in at Carnarvon, Geraldton, Jurien
Bay and Fremantle along the way which will add to it a bit.

It's a thankless job but someone has to do it!

Back second week of October.

Stay safe and happy.

Hoges in WA

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
Got three weeks off work.

Flying to Exmouth tomorrow to the airport that used to service the US Navy
station at Learmonth at midday.

Joining a Beneteau 43 to bring back down the coast to Mandurah.

4 guys - know two of the others but don't know the Brit yet.

21o57'19"S / 114.08.24.64E down to 32o31'24''S / 115o42'54"E.

About 840 miles, though we'll be calling in at Carnarvon, Geraldton,
Jurien Bay and Fremantle along the way which will add to it a bit.

It's a thankless job but someone has to do it!

Back second week of October.

Stay safe and happy.

Hoges in WA

Have a great trip... take pictures! Remember-for every day you're on a boat
with other people, the boat gets a foot shorter.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
Got three weeks off work.

Flying to Exmouth tomorrow to the airport that used to service the US
Navy station at Learmonth at midday.

Joining a Beneteau 43 to bring back down the coast to Mandurah.

4 guys - know two of the others but don't know the Brit yet.

21o57'19"S / 114.08.24.64E down to 32o31'24''S / 115o42'54"E.

About 840 miles, though we'll be calling in at Carnarvon, Geraldton,
Jurien Bay and Fremantle along the way which will add to it a bit.

It's a thankless job but someone has to do it!

Back second week of October.

Stay safe and happy.

Hoges in WA

Have a great trip... take pictures! Remember-for every day I'm on a boat
with other people, the boat gets a foot shorter because I'm an ass hole.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
Got three weeks off work.

Flying to Exmouth tomorrow to the airport that used to service the US
Navy station at Learmonth at midday.

Joining a Beneteau 43 to bring back down the coast to Mandurah.

4 guys - know two of the others but don't know the Brit yet.

21o57'19"S / 114.08.24.64E down to 32o31'24''S / 115o42'54"E.

About 840 miles, though we'll be calling in at Carnarvon, Geraldton,
Jurien Bay and Fremantle along the way which will add to it a bit.

It's a thankless job but someone has to do it!

Back second week of October.

Stay safe and happy.

Hoges in WA

Have a great trip... take pictures! Remember-for every day you're on a
boat with other people, the boat gets a foot shorter.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Hi Jonathan

Back in Bunbury.

Not a good trip - 10 days on the nose. Most uncomfortable and unrelenting.
One guy had to get off in Geraldton due to seasickness.

No big seas, no storms, just pain-in-the-ass poor weather. No fun, no
let-up at all.
We only made two stops and they were not long enough to appreciate the
places we stopped.

I was ill with a virus I couldn't shake from before I left but it went after
the third day. Then, I couldn't get comfortable with a back injury I
sustained two days before I left on a hike with my wife. I fell on some
rocks at the base of Cape Naturaliste and hit my tail bone. (33d 31'
49.60S, 115d 00' 25.58E) )

When it was still painful after I got back, the doc got it x-rayed and we
discovered it has been fractured and displaced inwards.

Overall, an unpleasant October thus far. Probably an indicator as to why
there are so few sailboats in WA. We met a singlehander in Geraldton who
had lived aboard for three years and was circumnavigating Oz - said he was
selling his boat when he got to Perth as WA had done him in.

Still, we all survived with our sense of humour - finished the trip off at
the Little Creatures Brewery in Fremantle before going our separate ways and
letting the cuts and bruises heal.

Hoges in WA

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
[...]

Bummer... but, the worst day sailing is better than the best day not
sailing... or so it's supposed to be anyway.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
tions...
"Hoges in WA" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
[...]

You are correct there. If I was in the office, I would have been waking up
each morning around 3 or 4 stressing about the next day's stuff.

In my bunk, I don't stress and, injured or not, manage to rest very easily.

Hoges in WA

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
tions...
"Hoges in WA" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
[...]

I always sleep better on the boat with the "stress" of teaching and/or
sailing vs. at home with the stress of work (minimal though it is) and the
daily routine.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:27:00 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

Bummer... but, the worst day sailing is better than the best day not
sailing... or so it's supposed to be anyway.

Bull****. Just ask Davey Jones. How about a few tens of thousands for
a new rig after a bad day in heavy weather? Next tell me a bad day
climbing rock or racing cars is better than staying home.

Casady

wrote:

Bummer... but, the worst day sailing is better than the best day not
sailing... or so it's supposed to be anyway.

Bull****. Just ask Davey Jones. How about a few tens of thousands for
a new rig after a bad day in heavy weather? Next tell me a bad day
climbing rock or racing cars is better than staying home.

Casady

I should have added and survived. Why would you need a new rig after sailing
in heavy weather? Unless you're talking about very dumb or very unlucky, I
stand by my original comment.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:18:03 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Bummer... but, the worst day sailing is better than the best day not
sailing... or so it's supposed to be anyway.

Bull****. Just ask Davey Jones. How about a few tens of thousands for
a new rig after a bad day in heavy weather? Next tell me a bad day
climbing rock or racing cars is better than staying home.

Casady

I should have added and survived. Why would you need a new rig after sailing
in heavy weather? Unless you're talking about very dumb or very unlucky, I
stand by my original comment.

What part of bad day didn't you understand?

Casady

3 weeks in Penobscot Bay richard Cruising 12 May 22nd 07 11:13 PM
16 weeks at sea JLG Cruising 0 April 17th 06 03:23 PM
Only Two Weeks! Bobsprit ASA 3 December 2nd 03 12:55 AM
One of those weeks. Clams Canino General 3 November 14th 03 08:41 PM
No work for four weeks! Keith ASA 7 July 21st 03 01:54 AM