Doug Dotson

Default portable generator

I guess there must be something especially bad about Pacific Northwest
salt water vs other sal****er. Is suspect it would depend upon
the generator, the swim platform, and the cover. Also, maintenence
might have an impact.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Drumm Law" wrote in message
If you had a large generator sitting on the swim deck all the time . . .

it
might work if you never left the slip, and your moorage is calm and

protected.
I can't imagine running in salt water in Pacific Northwest and not ruining

the
generator in one season . . . or less.

Wayne.B

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:54:51 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

I guess there must be something especially bad about Pacific Northwest
salt water vs other sal****er.

===================================

Not likely, The PNW is famous for its rain and damp however.

Drumm Law

I don't think it's especially bad water here, although I must confess to
limited experience. I do know that when it gets rough, things on the boat get
wet, dinghies get torn off, etc. That doesn't seem like a great place to put a
large, expensive generator.

Gould 0738

Not likely, The PNW is famous for its rain and damp however.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :-)

Proud resident of the "Pacific Northwets."
Gould 0738