Default portable generator

How can I ground a 1000 watt Yamaha portable generator( EF1000is) to a
boat ?

Paul Schilter

If you're hooking up the generator to an AC fuse panel, there would be a
ground cable in the connecting cable.
Paul

wrote in message
How can I ground a 1000 watt Yamaha portable generator( EF1000is) to a
boat ?

Drumm Law

OK, I've been looking at both Hondas and Yamahas in the 1000 and 2000 watt
range to carry on the boat. BTW, Honda PROHIBITS dealers from advertising the
price on the internet, or even responding to an e-mail inquiry on price. Where
are those damned lawyers when we really need one?

I have thought that the best way to hook up the generator would be to take a
standard shore cord set, and have the one end replaced with a plug that could
plug into the Honda/Yamaha . . . which should then use all systems that I use
when hooked up to shore power.

Won't this work? Or . . . am I missing something?

Doug Dotson

"Drumm Law" wrote in message
OK, I've been looking at both Hondas and Yamahas in the 1000 and 2000 watt
range to carry on the boat. BTW, Honda PROHIBITS dealers from advertising

the
price on the internet, or even responding to an e-mail inquiry on price.

Where
are those damned lawyers when we really need one?

Many companies have this policy. Don't you have a phone. I hear that most
everyone has one now Not sure where the dammed lawyers fit in though.

I have thought that the best way to hook up the generator would be to take

standard shore cord set, and have the one end replaced with a plug that

could
plug into the Honda/Yamaha . . . which should then use all systems that I

use
when hooked up to shore power.

Won't this work? Or . . . am I missing something?

Should work fine. Many folks are doing it this way. What is your
concern?