Default Portable generator

How can I ground a 1000 watt Yamaha portable generator( EF1000is) to a
boat ?

Please help me understand. MyYamaha manual says" be sure to ground (
earth) the generator" and the picture is showing a wire connected to the
generator and the other end is a nail burried to the earth ground. How
to I do that on a boat?
I have a 26 foot Monterey with shore power.I purchased a boat shore
power adapter to regular household plug ( 3 prong) and I was thingking
of pluging that to the generator. I am confuse about grounding of the
generator to the earth ground ( the nailing to ground thing) ????

James Gemmill

Get a really long wirte and a spike weighted with about 25 pounds so
itr wil stick into the bottom..... Just kidding. My Yamaha suggests
the same thing, I'd call the info line to find out what to do in your
situation.