Calif Bill

Default Portable generator

"James Gemmill" gemmilljim@hotmail,com wrote in message
Get a really long wirte and a spike weighted with about 25 pounds so
itr wil stick into the bottom..... Just kidding. My Yamaha suggests
the same thing, I'd call the info line to find out what to do in your
situation.

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:51:57 -0400, wrote:

Please help me understand. MyYamaha manual says" be sure to ground (
earth) the generator" and the picture is showing a wire connected to the
generator and the other end is a nail burried to the earth ground. How
to I do that on a boat?
I have a 26 foot Monterey with shore power.I purchased a boat shore
power adapter to regular household plug ( 3 prong) and I was thingking
of pluging that to the generator. I am confuse about grounding of the
generator to the earth ground ( the nailing to ground thing) ????

Ground is a reference. Otherwise we could not have those satellites up in
space, with no ground wire to earth, or airplanes. Just connect the ground
from the generator to the same circuit as the round pin on the regular
household plug.