Default Wake up Skip

I think Skippy hasn't a clue how fast the weather changes up north. It
will be summer, then there will be a week or two of fall then, BLAM,
winter.

Skippy had better point his bow south and get his fat arse going. He
needs to quit lollygagging around where he is now.

Wilbur Hubbard

Bob Bob is offline

On Sep 11, 10:46*am, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:37:46 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"

wrote:
I think Skippy hasn't a clue how fast the weather changes up north. It
will be summer, then there will be a week or two of fall then, BLAM,
winter.

Skippy had better point his bow south and get his fat arse going. He
needs to quit lollygagging around where he is now.

Wilbur Hubbard

He's still got some time. Many cruising snowbirds head southfrom here
in October. They like to wait until the hurricanes have mostly quieted
down. Yeah, it gets chilly, especially at night. So what. There is
actually a lot of good sailing where he is now, until December most
years.

Im dont know a thing about the weather patterns in the NE but I can
tell you after a lifetime in the PNW at N 45 October is a very
seductive bitch of a month. Gorgeous days (Indian Summers) that will
close in on your ass with 45 degree F temps and 50 K Lows that last
for 2-3 days followed by a week of more gorgeous weather and
progressively lousy weather till we're in the typical winter pattern
of Low after Low after Low. Then some years all of October sucks!

I agree with Wilbur..... Skip should head south now or be willing to
spend the winter iced in, eating his cat, and bitching at Lydia who
has a wine in one hand and a smoldering butt hanging off her lip ALL
WINTER ! ! ! !

When the leaves turn color turn your back on the north.

Bob

: wrote:
:
[...]

The Farmer's Almanac is predicting an early, long and very cold
winter. So much for global warming!

Wilbur Hubbard

Bob Bob is offline

On Sep 11, 11:14*am, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

The Farmer's Almanac is predicting an early, long and very cold
winter. So much for global warming!

Wilbur Hubbard

Dear Wilbur.
Typically I agree with you. However please become better informed and
learn the diffrence between, "Global Warming"
and Global Climate Change."

typically Rush Limbaug and other republican zelots use the phrase
global warming so they can look at cooling trends to debunk all
science. Its an old tactic but wrong.

wrote in message
: On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:13:25 -0700 (PDT), Bob
: wrote:
:
: wrote:
[...]
: The leaves won't be turning here for about another 5-6 weeks, Bob.
:
: Is there anything else you and Wilbur do prematurely?
:

It's likely that Skippy will NOT be trying to head south offshore
against the Gulf Stream. That means a lot of ditch sailing and perhaps
some short hops off shore here and there. That means time. If he
leaves today it will be two or three months before he arrives in
southern Florida if he checks out the sights (and eateries and
drinkeries) along the way as he seems to enjoy doing. He's better get
going unless he enjoys blustery cold fronts chasing him down.

Wilbur Hubbard

Bob Bob is offline

On Sep 11, 11:23*am, wrote:

The leaves won't be turning here for about another 5-6 weeks, Bob.

Is there anything else you and Wilbur do prematurely?- Hide quoted text -

LIke I said I dont know **** about the NE. the leaves at 3000' in the
PNW are turning now. Its a good indicator of approaching weather
change. You know -1.5 degrees per 1000' of elevation...... or was that
one degree change/1000'

Either way there are leaves changing at N 45 on the PNW coast. Maybe
that Lat is more noth than you, no?

Well got my run in this morning, at tomatoe and basil salad from the
garden for breakfast, and finished some work, now time to enjoy the
last warm days of summer.

I appologize for being so ignorant about the GREAT and scarry NE.
Bob

wrote:

The Farmer's Almanac is predicting an early, long and very cold
winter. So much for global warming!

Wilbur Hubbard

: Dear Wilbur.
: Typically I agree with you. However please become better informed
and
: learn the diffrence between, "Global Warming"
: and Global Climate Change."
:
: typically Rush Limbaug and other republican zelots use the phrase
: global warming so they can look at cooling trends to debunk all
: science. Its an old tactic but wrong.

Global climate change means nothing at all. Climate always changes
globally. Climate has been changing globally for millions of years. So
using global climate change to attempt to say something is really
really dumb. Now, if you say global warming or global cooling you are
actually saying something.

Global warming has and does occur as proven throughout history by
various methods. The same is true for global cooling.

Al Gore and the liberal idiots who are creating false hysteria are
getting rich off the climate change nonsense. They have purposefully
changed their mantra to use global climate change instead of global
warming because nobody can debunk global climate change because it is
real and exists never mind it says nothing about which way it's
trending while they can and HAVE easily debunked man-made global
warming.

I hope this helps.

Wilbur Hubbard

WOW, WHAT A WAKE UP! tom ASA 0 April 27th 07 10:28 PM
WAKE UP! Maxprop ASA 10 November 13th 04 09:40 AM
Hey! Wake up! Eisboch General 3 November 12th 04 03:28 AM