Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Wake up Skip

wrote in message
: On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:13:25 -0700 (PDT), Bob
: wrote:
:
: On Sep 11, 10:46 am, wrote:
: On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:37:46 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
:
: wrote:
: I think Skippy hasn't a clue how fast the weather changes up
north. It
: will be summer, then there will be a week or two of fall then,
BLAM,
: winter.
:
: Skippy had better point his bow south and get his fat arse
going. He
: needs to quit lollygagging around where he is now.
:
: Wilbur Hubbard
:
: He's still got some time. Many cruising snowbirds head southfrom
here
: in October. They like to wait until the hurricanes have mostly
quieted
: down. Yeah, it gets chilly, especially at night. So what. There
is
: actually a lot of good sailing where he is now, until December
most
: years.
:
:
: Im dont know a thing about the weather patterns in the NE but I can
: tell you after a lifetime in the PNW at N 45 October is a very
: seductive bitch of a month. Gorgeous days (Indian Summers) that
will
: close in on your ass with 45 degree F temps and 50 K Lows that last
: for 2-3 days followed by a week of more gorgeous weather and
: progressively lousy weather till we're in the typical winter
pattern
: of Low after Low after Low. Then some years all of October sucks!
:
: I agree with Wilbur..... Skip should head south now or be willing
: spend the winter iced in, eating his cat, and bitching at Lydia who
: has a wine in one hand and a smoldering butt hanging off her lip
ALL
: WINTER ! ! ! !
:
: When the leaves turn color turn your back on the north.
:
: Bob
:
: The leaves won't be turning here for about another 5-6 weeks, Bob.
:
: Is there anything else you and Wilbur do prematurely?
:

It's likely that Skippy will NOT be trying to head south offshore
against the Gulf Stream. That means a lot of ditch sailing and perhaps
some short hops off shore here and there. That means time. If he
leaves today it will be two or three months before he arrives in
southern Florida if he checks out the sights (and eateries and
drinkeries) along the way as he seems to enjoy doing. He's better get
going unless he enjoys blustery cold fronts chasing him down.

Wilbur Hubbard