Dick

Default Inflatable Dingy Beaching wheels?

Over the years I have seen a few cruisers with plastic wheels that fold
up
on the transom.

Does anyone have any recommendation of type and source for this type of
wheels.

I have plastic wheels that are 3 to 4 inches wide and about 5 to 6 inches in
diameter. They only work on hard surfaces. If the sand is soft they sink in and
you have to carry it anyway. Over loose rocks it is the same. Big rocks they
can not get over. The only wheels that I have seen that work on most beaches
are the big wheels that are about a foot in diameter. They don't sink in and
will roll over the big stuf. There are not enough hard beaches to make the
little wheels worth it.

Dick

Bill

I made a pair using trailer rollers, stainless axels and some oak for the
standoffs. This is for my hard dink. They share the problem of the
rocky/soft beach. At least the price was right.

Bill
"Steve" wrote in message
Most of the time I end up beaching and hauling my dingy by myself. Not

very
good on the (non RIB) inflatable dink that I have now.

Over the years I have seen a few cruisers with plastic wheels that fold

up
on the transom.

Does anyone have any recommendation of type and source for this type of
wheels.
I don't want to mess with those inflatable rollers. This would be for
frequent use with I can't find a dock to come into..

Thanks.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Ken Heaton

Comments Below:

"Den73740" wrote in message
Subject: Inflatable Dingy Beaching wheels?

Does anyone have any recommendation of type and source for this type of
wheels.

http://www.allinflatables.com/shoppi...om/wheels.html

I have the Easy Rollers and like them. I originally had the plastic roller

type
about 6 inches in diameter and had problems on rough ramps. I have them

mounted
on a 12 ft achilles.

Dennis

Steve, if you want to buy just the wheels and make up the rest yourself, you
can get wheels designed for salt water immersion at:
http://www.seitech.com/m/_general/wheels.asp They look very close to the
wheels on the Easy Rollers mentioned above. After you look at the wheels
page you can got to the parts section of the online catalogue for prices. I
have either the A size or B size (not sure which) on the dolly for my Laser
II (about 185 lbs boat & dolly together) and they work well on uneven
ground, sand and rocks. Sorry, I don't know who makes the wheels
themselves.
--
Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Canada
kenheaton AT ess wye dee DOT eastlink DOT ca

Keith

Try http://www.mcmaster.com/.

--

Keith
__
"Steve" wrote in message

"Ron" wrote in message
I got mine at West Marine. They work for what their desinged to do.
What they don't tell you is that it's now a bit bulkier when it is
deflated.

Thanks, but their a bit pricey, I see, at $99 for the skinny plastic

wheels.

I was thinking of the fat wheels. About 4 inches across each. Looked more
like a roller.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Keith

Try http://www.mcmaster.com/.

--

Keith
__
"Steve" wrote in message

"Ron" wrote in message
I got mine at West Marine. They work for what their desinged to do.
What they don't tell you is that it's now a bit bulkier when it is
deflated.

Thanks, but their a bit pricey, I see, at $99 for the skinny plastic

wheels.

I was thinking of the fat wheels. About 4 inches across each. Looked more
like a roller.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Inflatable rollers for beaching? Kenneth Hopkins General 9 July 14th 04 06:34 AM
porta-bote or inflatable? Parallax Cruising 63 April 12th 04 09:03 PM
Inflatable amas Parallax Cruising 0 February 17th 04 01:56 AM
Zodiac Dingy ( model 310 ) David Lomas Cruising 4 January 4th 04 09:31 AM