Jim

Default Inflatable Dingy Beaching wheels?

Couple of years ago I bought an Achilies from a guy who had rigged his own.
Mounted a pair of about 6" wheels on a piece of Conduit (actually a pair
of pieces), and a pin through the conduit about the waterline that fit a
pair of hooks on the transom. Thru bolts at the top of the transom.

Looks ugly, but works well, except when I forget to remove them after
launch. Gets worse as I go and the wheels pick up seaweed.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:53:00 -0700, Steve wrote:

Most of the time I end up beaching and hauling my dingy by myself. Not
very
good on the (non RIB) inflatable dink that I have now.

Over the years I have seen a few cruisers with plastic wheels that fold
up
on the transom.

Does anyone have any recommendation of type and source for this type of
wheels.
I don't want to mess with those inflatable rollers. This would be for
frequent use with I can't find a dock to come into..

Thanks.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

--