Steve

Default Inflatable Dingy Beaching wheels?

Most of the time I end up beaching and hauling my dingy by myself. Not very
good on the (non RIB) inflatable dink that I have now.

Over the years I have seen a few cruisers with plastic wheels that fold up
on the transom.

Does anyone have any recommendation of type and source for this type of
wheels.
I don't want to mess with those inflatable rollers. This would be for
frequent use with I can't find a dock to come into..

Thanks.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Jim

Couple of years ago I bought an Achilies from a guy who had rigged his own.
Mounted a pair of about 6" wheels on a piece of Conduit (actually a pair
of pieces), and a pin through the conduit about the waterline that fit a
pair of hooks on the transom. Thru bolts at the top of the transom.

Looks ugly, but works well, except when I forget to remove them after
launch. Gets worse as I go and the wheels pick up seaweed.

--
Jim

Ron

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:53:00 -0700, "Steve" wrote:

Most of the time I end up beaching and hauling my dingy by myself. Not very
good on the (non RIB) inflatable dink that I have now.

Over the years I have seen a few cruisers with plastic wheels that fold up
on the transom.

Does anyone have any recommendation of type and source for this type of
wheels.
I don't want to mess with those inflatable rollers. This would be for
frequent use with I can't find a dock to come into..

Thanks.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

I got mine at West Marine. They work for what their desinged to do.
What they don't tell you is that it's now a bit bulkier when it is
deflated.

Ron

Steve

"Ron" wrote in message
I got mine at West Marine. They work for what their desinged to do.
What they don't tell you is that it's now a bit bulkier when it is
deflated.

Thanks, but their a bit pricey, I see, at $99 for the skinny plastic wheels.

I was thinking of the fat wheels. About 4 inches across each. Looked more
like a roller.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Den73740

Subject: Inflatable Dingy Beaching wheels?

Does anyone have any recommendation of type and source for this type of
wheels.

http://www.allinflatables.com/shoppi...om/wheels.html

I have the Easy Rollers and like them. I originally had the plastic roller type
about 6 inches in diameter and had problems on rough ramps. I have them mounted
on a 12 ft achilles.

Dennis

Dick

Over the years I have seen a few cruisers with plastic wheels that fold
up
on the transom.

Does anyone have any recommendation of type and source for this type of
wheels.

I have plastic wheels that are 3 to 4 inches wide and about 5 to 6 inches in
diameter. They only work on hard surfaces. If the sand is soft they sink in and
you have to carry it anyway. Over loose rocks it is the same. Big rocks they
can not get over. The only wheels that I have seen that work on most beaches
are the big wheels that are about a foot in diameter. They don't sink in and
will roll over the big stuf. There are not enough hard beaches to make the
little wheels worth it.

Dick

Inflatable rollers for beaching? Kenneth Hopkins General 9 July 14th 04 06:34 AM
porta-bote or inflatable? Parallax Cruising 63 April 12th 04 09:03 PM
Inflatable amas Parallax Cruising 0 February 17th 04 01:56 AM
Zodiac Dingy ( model 310 ) David Lomas Cruising 4 January 4th 04 09:31 AM