Default The perfect sailboat engine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7l_Vy9BfG4

Oil can available at extra cost.....

Runs for days on a gallon.....

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:59:30 +0000, Larry wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7l_Vy9BfG4

Oil can available at extra cost.....

Runs for days on a gallon.....

My first cruising sail boat had one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIBJ...eature=related

Notice the "Dynastart" (combination generator and starter), and the
compression release lever. It was very easy to hand crank.

Wayne.B wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIBJ...eature=related

I'd sure get a guard made for that flywheel and generator/belt drive.

Can you imagine what would happen in the engine room with no guard to stop
the water flying off that flywheel if there were water down in that bilge
compartment the flywheel runs in? It would spray water in that little pan
all over the place!

"Larry" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7l_Vy9BfG4

Oil can available at extra cost.....

Runs for days on a gallon.....

A thing of beauty indeed.
Looks as if the splash guards either side of the open crankcase were an
afterthought.
That guy should have the sense to keep away from unguarded rotating
machinery while wearing a long floppy coat however-he could easily have got
drawn into the flywheel.

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:59:30 +0000, Larry wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7l_Vy9BfG4

Oil can available at extra cost.....

Runs for days on a gallon.....

Isn't that the cutest thang? Beats my ole
stationary, with the water hopper cooling, hands down.

Brian W

"Larry" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7l_Vy9BfG4

Oil can available at extra cost.....

Runs for days on a gallon.....

Is that what they came up with right after Bogie was on the "African Queen"?

On 2008-08-01 10:46:18 -0400, Wayne.B said:

My first cruising sail boat had one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIBJ...eature=related

Notice the "Dynastart" (combination generator and starter), and the
compression release lever. It was very easy to hand crank.

Still have a crank handle for one. Prefer the 2GM we now have.

--
Jere Lull

Wayne.B said:

My first cruising sail boat had one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIBJ...eature=related

Notice the "Dynastart" (combination generator and starter), and the
compression release lever. It was very easy to hand crank.

My family had a cruiser (a racer-cruiser in it's day) with one of
those too. In fact, the test for us kids to be able to take it out
without a grown-up was if we could hand start the engine. The boat's
battery would usually die after a few hours of anything in the 12V
system being turned on, so it was a regular & necessary procedure.

It was made more complicated on that boat by the presence of one leg
of the companionway ladder, which had been permanently installed and
was in the way of the crank. Took a little practice.

Jere Lull wrote:
Still have a crank handle for one. Prefer the 2GM we now have.

You saving it, just in case?

Somebody told me a long long time ago that the old one-lung diesels
would run on peanut oil.
The original Frybrid!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Perfect little trip Eisboch General 5 October 5th 07 11:03 PM
Perfect! Bart ASA 3 October 29th 06 02:39 AM
Sailboat engine rebuild, replace, fix question Thomas Wentworth General 5 January 22nd 06 10:55 PM
The perfect name John Cairns ASA 9 January 7th 06 02:23 PM
A Perfect Day Bobsprit ASA 2 May 20th 04 02:01 AM