Default Perfect little trip

The return trip to Kingman from Scituate was very pleasant but somewhat sad
as it signified the end of a very enjoyable summer aboard "Pangea". I
lucked out and picked the only day this week that the coastal waters up here
were not shrouded in very dense fog. (This morning we are all fogged in
again).

Left at 6:30 am, arrived at Kingman at 1 pm. I actually had to slow down
in the Cape Cod Canal because the railroad bridge was in the lowered
position. Otherwise, I would have made record time.

Mrs.E. drove down to pick me up and snapped a few pictures as I arrived at
the fuel dock.
Sadly, "Pangea" will be hauled, winterized and stored away inside today.

http://www.eisboch.com/pangeareturn

Shifting my flag over to the Navigator.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
The return trip to Kingman from Scituate was very pleasant but somewhat sad
as it signified the end of a very enjoyable summer aboard "Pangea". I
lucked out and picked the only day this week that the coastal waters up here
were not shrouded in very dense fog. (This morning we are all fogged in
again).

Left at 6:30 am, arrived at Kingman at 1 pm. I actually had to slow down
in the Cape Cod Canal because the railroad bridge was in the lowered
position. Otherwise, I would have made record time.

Mrs.E. drove down to pick me up and snapped a few pictures as I arrived at
the fuel dock.
Sadly, "Pangea" will be hauled, winterized and stored away inside today.

http://www.eisboch.com/pangeareturn

Shifting my flag over to the Navigator.

Eisboch

Pretty boat, though all that canvas up top seems a bit much to me.
What's the rush to store? You still have a month of Seattle-like summer
weather ahead.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Pretty boat, though all that canvas up top seems a bit much to me. What's
the rush to store? You still have a month of Seattle-like summer weather
ahead.

When we purchased the boat it had a simple, but worn bimini. We decided to
replace it with the full enclosure mainly because in early spring and fall
when the temperature drops, the sun still warms up it's interior so it's
still comfortably usable. I can also plug in an electric heater in the
evenings and it stays warm up there.

I hate cold.

During the hot summer months, the front, sides and rear sections can all be
easily removed and stored, basically leaving a large bimini top.

There's no big rush to store but I've had my fill of the trawler for this
year and since it is stored inside, it allows Kingman to avoid the rush
later this month.

I am leaving shortly to drive down there, clean out the fridge and boat
before they haul it.
The Navigator, "Soul Source" sits in a slip a short walk from the GB, so
I'll set up shop in it.
It stays in the water year round and won't be winterized until late December
(unless the weather turns cold sooner).

There is still a possibility that I might head south this year. (Mrs.E. and
I are still discussing the potential). If so, I'll take the Navigator and
leave at the end of this month or in early November. If not, it will be an
occasional winter hangout.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Well, if you do, let me know. We can meet somewhere for lunch or dinner
and discuss whether Amity or Hillhouse girls put out more.

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 04:18:38 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

The return trip to Kingman from Scituate was very pleasant but somewhat sad
as it signified the end of a very enjoyable summer aboard "Pangea". I
lucked out and picked the only day this week that the coastal waters up here
were not shrouded in very dense fog. (This morning we are all fogged in
again).

Left at 6:30 am, arrived at Kingman at 1 pm. I actually had to slow down
in the Cape Cod Canal because the railroad bridge was in the lowered
position. Otherwise, I would have made record time.

Mrs.E. drove down to pick me up and snapped a few pictures as I arrived at
the fuel dock.
Sadly, "Pangea" will be hauled, winterized and stored away inside today.

http://www.eisboch.com/pangeareturn

Shifting my flag over to the Navigator.

Eisboch

Beautiful boat, nice pics. Thanks!

"JimH" ask wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Mrs.E. drove down to pick me up and snapped a few pictures as I arrived

at
the fuel dock.
Sadly, "Pangea" will be hauled, winterized and stored away inside today.

http://www.eisboch.com/pangeareturn

Shifting my flag over to the Navigator.

Eisboch

Nice looking boat. She looks like she just came out of the box. What

year
is she? Has your wife helped maintain the boat?

1982
No, other than provide moral encouragement and surprise inspections.

Eisboch