Default Boat Handling

"Rudy" wrote in message
news:1P9ck.82239$gc5.26476@pd7urf2no...
Since I ve been "out of boating" (trailering) for over 25 years, I'll
probably get the "wrongs" right before I get the "rights" backing that new
trailer/boat up
into its space.

Maybe the "practice" rule would even work better if I just wrangled the
trailer without the boat on it several times til I "get it right"

I'd recommend it. It's not hard to do right, but it's easy to do wrong.
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Wrongs right or wrongs righted?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 2008-07-06 16:21:17 -0400, "Rudy" said:

Since I ve been "out of boating" (trailering) for over 25 years, I'll
probably get the "wrongs" right before I get the "rights" backing that
new trailer/boat up into its space.

Trick I found handy: when backing, grab the bottom of the steering
wheel and steer it in the direction you want the trailer to go.

--
Jere Lull

Camper wrote:

Being relatively new to motor boating I intend to take some boat
handling training but wonder whether I'm being realistic & responible
enough intending to be able to handle a 25 ft motor vessel single
handed as far as mooring, etc is concerned.

Fact is, the bigger and heavier a boat is, the easier it is to handle -
provided your are never in a hurry. 25ft Might actually be too small for
one person to handle if there is some wind to deal with.

Boat Handling Movie Vic Smith General 10 November 26th 07 12:11 AM
Boat Handling Lochawe General 2 October 17th 05 03:53 PM
Boat Size, sailing, cruising, handling Bryan Cruising 18 September 23rd 05 07:58 PM
Needed: Boat Handling Instruction - SF Bay John Broadus Cruising 2 August 1st 04 02:13 AM
Need Boat Handling Instruction - SF Bay - John Broadus General 0 July 25th 04 03:01 AM