Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default Boat Handling

"Camper" wrote in message
Being relatively new to motor boating I intend to take some boat
handling training but wonder whether I'm being realistic & responible
enough intending to be able to handle a 25 ft motor vessel single
handed as far as mooring, etc is concerned.

Like anything in life it depends on your level of skill and confidence.
Some folks can easily single-hand an 80' motor yacht, while others struggle
with much smaller vessels. It also depends on the conditions you expect to
encounter. Handling a boat on an inland lake is perhaps a bit easier that,
say, a place with widely varying tidal conditions and lots of exposure. But
in general it's fair to say a 25' boat wouldn't be difficult to single-hand.