Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Clean Boating Act of 2008

March 19, 2008

I received the following email today from BoatUS:

---------------------- quote ----------------------------

Dear BoatUS Member,

We need your help now to pass NEW federal legislation in the Senate that
would provide a permanent exemption for recreational boats from the upcoming
EPA discharge permit requirement. Remember that if we don't get legislation
passed, we all need to get EPA permits to operate our boats effective
9/30/08!

We appreciate the time that many of you have already taken to let your
Senators or Representatives know your support of S. 2067 or HR 2550 "The
Recreational Boating Act of 2007." Now there is a new Senate Bill #2766 "The
Clean Boating Act of 2008", which is more politically viable, and our best
chance to eliminate the permit requirement before it comes in effect on
September 30, 2008.

Please pick up the phone or email today and ask your Senators to sponsor and
vote YES for S 2766. Although Congress is on recess this week and next, we
need their staff to hear from us so that this bill can move as soon as the
Senators are back in Washington.

Remember to contact both of your Senators:
(Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Washington)

Looks like we all need to support this bill - unless we wish to be regulated
to death by the EPA.

Claus

So this is 2008... Short Wave Sportfishing General 25 January 3rd 08 01:18 AM
Hillary In 2008 gonefishiing ASA 57 November 9th 04 12:58 AM
2008 Eisboch General 13 November 8th 04 09:09 PM