Default So this is 2008...

Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

news
Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

What's a "check"?

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
news
Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

What's a "check"?

Eisboch

I actually wrote a check at the fish market yesterday. The damned
electronic checkcard/creditcard gizmo was not working. I keep a check in
my wallet. It was as dog-eared as that foil-wrapped Trojan condom we
used to keep in there in our teens in the hope we'd get lucky.

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:51:39 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

Where can we line up to shake your hand and say goodbye?

As to checkwriting, about the only time I do it now is to give the kids a
present. VISA is used for just about everything. Now COX will accept
payment with a VISA card. As the VISA rebates 1.25 % on everything and 5%
on gas, that's a pretty good deal. Yesterday, for the first time, I
realized that VISA is putting 'year to date' rebates on the bill. So far
this year - over $700 in rebates.

Now if only I could use the VISA card to pay the VISA bill!
--
*****Have a Spectacular New Year!*****

John H
Senior Member

On Jan 1, 7:51*am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

Does this mean I gotta' find another fishing partner?

news
Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

For me... use my gym equipment and my boat more often.

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:45:16 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

news
Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

What's a "check"?

A little paper thingy that you write names and numbers on when you
want to pay for something.

Mrs. Wave doesn't allow me to have a debit card. :)

There is a reason.

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 11:01:53 -0400, "Don White"

news
Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

For me... use my gym equipment and my boat more often.

Well, to tell the truth, I might have been a little hasty in my
resolutions.

Allow me to add this one:

3 - I resolve to burn as much fossil fuel as possible in as wasteful
way as possible so that I can increase my personal carbon footprint to
the size of a small country in Europe to make up for all the morons
who are decreasing their carbon footprint thus increasing the rain
forests and creating a healthy environment for the growth of trees and
vegetables.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 09:45:16 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

news
Hmm. So far, seems a lot like 2007.

And 2006, 05, 04, 03, 02, 01...

However, New Years Resolutions this year for good old Shortwave are
pretty easy.

1 - I resolve to immediately start writing 2008 on all checks instead
of 2007. Normally, it takes me until July to finally write the new
year instead of the old year.

That's it - the only resolution.

Ok, maybe one more.

2 - I resolve not to deal with morons thing year.

That about does it.

What's a "check"?

A little paper thingy that you write names and numbers on when you
want to pay for something.

Mrs. Wave doesn't allow me to have a debit card. :)

There is a reason.

I won't use a debit card, but I use my credit card for everything,
including $1 purchases.

Andy's Predictions for 2008 HK General 23 January 3rd 08 12:24 AM
Hillary In 2008 gonefishiing ASA 57 November 9th 04 12:58 AM
2008 Eisboch General 13 November 8th 04 09:09 PM