Default Man, we should be SAILIN'!

Ahead of the big front, here in Charleston, it's beautifully warm, cloudy
and the wind varies between 20 knots and 35 knots all day!

You can tell it's not raceday at this windspeed....(c;

WE SHOULD BE SAILIN'!

"Larry" wrote in message
Ahead of the big front, here in Charleston, it's beautifully warm,
cloudy and the wind varies between 20 knots and 35 knots all day!

You can tell it's not raceday at this windspeed....(c;

WE SHOULD BE SAILIN'!

76F, 35 knots gusting to 45 now, sun finally came out but front barreling
in at a terrific speed like last week. I got the whole house open. The
flowers at Magnolia Gardens & Plantation across the river are blooming and
it's blowing in the windows smellin' up the whole place!

http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/

"Larry" wrote in message
Ahead of the big front, here in Charleston, it's beautifully warm,
cloudy and the wind varies between 20 knots and 35 knots all day!

You can tell it's not raceday at this windspeed....(c;

WE SHOULD BE SAILIN'!

76F, 35 knots gusting to 45 now, sun finally came out but front barreling
in at a terrific speed like last week. I got the whole house open. The
flowers at Magnolia Gardens & Plantation across the river are blooming and
it's blowing in the windows smellin' up the whole place!

http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/

Have to admit... your town is one if the places down there I'd like to
visit.
I suppose spring/fall is the best time for someone not used to a lot of heat
& hummidity.

"Don White" wrote in
:

Have to admit... your town is one if the places down there I'd like to
visit.
I suppose spring/fall is the best time for someone not used to a lot
of heat & hummidity.

It's just like Northern Florida, weatherwise. We just have more than a
ditch to sail and go boating in. You can anchor out in some creek in
Charleston and hardly see another soul all weekend. Come on down. Plenty
of room for everyone.

Bring some of those recently-more-valuable Canadian Dollars with ya...(c;

"Larry" wrote in message
"Don White" wrote in
:

Have to admit... your town is one if the places down there I'd like to
visit.
I suppose spring/fall is the best time for someone not used to a lot
of heat & hummidity.

It's just like Northern Florida, weatherwise. We just have more than a
ditch to sail and go boating in. You can anchor out in some creek in
Charleston and hardly see another soul all weekend. Come on down. Plenty
of room for everyone.

Bring some of those recently-more-valuable Canadian Dollars with ya...(c;

I think our loonie slipped a couple cents today, but that's alright. I have
a $50.00 US refund cheque from Garmin to deposit.

"Don White" wrote in
:

I think our loonie slipped a couple cents today, but that's alright.
I have a $50.00 US refund cheque from Garmin to deposit.

I have a Loonie and a Twonie, (that hasn't fallen apart), in my pocket from
some Canadian friends who came to visit. Just like our "golden" dollars,
made out of pot metal...(c;

Gold slipped hard today and I just looked and it was "only" $920/oz in Hong
Kong, tonight! I'd feel bad if I paid $1050/oz for it a couple of days
ago. Watch the dollars, yours and ours, slip into uselessness on:

http://kitco.com/images/live/gold.gif

Update the GIF picture continuously as it changes with every transaction in
realtime.....delayed, of course, so the elite get theirs first.

The GIF gives you the data...without all the spam it usually comes loaded
with, saving bandwidth on the boat wifi.

Larry wrote:
76F, 35 knots gusting to 45 now,

No racing on account of wind? What kind of pussies you got running the
sailing clubs down there?

DSK

wrote in message
Larry wrote:
76F, 35 knots gusting to 45 now,

No racing on account of wind? What kind of pussies you got running the
sailing clubs down there?

DSK

Maybe their sailing AC boats... there's an upper-wind limit. 35 kts out here
is on the high end of normal sailing wind, but not a show-stopper. I can
also safely say that if we had 75 deg and 35 kts, the bay would turn into
pinball game with all manner of sailboat trying to experience it. LOL

Fortunately, when the wind picks up, the temp drops, and we have to put
another layer under the foulies. This discourages enough people to make the
traffic reasonable.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com