Default Man, we should be SAILIN'!

Larry wrote:

Oh, they race with no wind at all! I'm just jealous because on those days
we can't get the Amel beastie over the damned start line, to speak nothing
of how to get her around the bouys....(c;

The real sailboats go flying off, leaving us to ourselves, then come
ZOOMING by, pointing and laughing, as they cross the finish line from
behind us. That doesn't bother us much because we're usually working on
our 3rd coffee pot of Bloody Marys by then...(c;

My begging to leave just a FEW of the toolboxes on the dock go
unanswered....just enough so you can see the top edge of the antifouling
paint underwater....

"Do we REALLY need all 200 gallons of fresh water just to hose down a few
glasses if we run out?" "We're stocked to make BERMUDA without running out
of anything!"

...."Pass me that nice cheeze, will ya? I got crackers left and nothing to
go on them, thanks."

With our handicap, if we make it over the finish line after the committee
has packed up and sees us from the bar....we might place 3rd! They always
laugh holding their stomachs when someone runs out on the yacht club deck
and fires the finishing gun for us!

With OUR handicap they "real" racers would just smile at us on the start
line. You could almost hear them thinking, "Well, they're trying".

Then they would get home and log onto the web site for scoring and find
out we beat them after they left the lake.

Next race they weren't near as nice to us! hheehehehehehe!

Richard

Larry wrote:

http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/

My dock is locked up in 3 feet of ice, there's a couple of feet of snow
on the ground, the wood stove is chugging along and you go and post this!

You are one nasty ******* ain't ya? ;-)

Cheers
Marty

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
Larry wrote:

http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/

My dock is locked up in 3 feet of ice, there's a couple of feet of snow on
the ground, the wood stove is chugging along and you go and post this!

You are one nasty ******* ain't ya? ;-)

Cheers
Marty

Could be worse...here's the state of boating a couple hundred miles north
east of me.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...rry-emerg.html

cavelamb himself wrote in news:13u3oo2clb28rc0
@corp.supernews.com:

Then they would get home and log onto the web site for scoring and find
out we beat them after they left the lake.

Next race they weren't near as nice to us! hheehehehehehe!

We raced in the Gulfstreamer from Ponce Inlet, FL to Charleston offshore.
After we got becalmed 90 miles S of Charleston like everyone else, the
onboard joke was if we arrived by next Friday, with our handicap, we may be
first......by next week.....(c;

It was so calm the ocean surface looked like the surface of a glass of
water on a tabletop. I've never seen offshore THAT flat! The eager
beavers aboard got too antsy and wanted to get home by Monday, so Cap'n
Geoffrey cranked the diesel and we dropped out and headed for shore. I
told him I had to be home by November, then went to bed for a little nap.
The damned diesel woke me up....

Martin Baxter wrote in :

My dock is locked up in 3 feet of ice, there's a couple of feet of snow
on the ground, the wood stove is chugging along and you go and post this!

You are one nasty ******* ain't ya? ;-)

Geez, sorry Marty! From the look of the license plates in our tourist
district, I thought most Canadians were already here! They all came to
load up after years of such awful exchange rates between our devalued
currencies. Even the city merchants are accepting Canadian dollars, again,
now!

"Don White" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:

http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/

My dock is locked up in 3 feet of ice, there's a couple of feet of
snow on the ground, the wood stove is chugging along and you go and
post this!

You are one nasty ******* ain't ya? ;-)

Cheers
Marty

Could be worse...here's the state of boating a couple hundred miles
north east of me.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...rry-emerg.html

Spring is here! It's +.7C in Toronto on the webpage!

You guys will be flogging through the slush to cross the streets in no
time.

Larry wrote:
http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/

My dock is locked up in 3 feet of ice, there's a couple of feet of snow on
the ground, the wood stove is chugging along and you go and post this!

You are one nasty ******* ain't ya? ;-)

Cheers
Marty

Could be worse...here's the state of boating a couple hundred miles north
east of me.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...rry-emerg.html

Yeah, I've been following that on CBC the last few days. Followed the
track of the Luis S. St-Larent on this
site:http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

If you zoom in and scroll down you get a list of ships, click on the
ship name and you get a plot of it's positions in the last few days.

I expect to see the Griffon near my front door soon, (at the outlet of
Lake Ontario), the seaway system is supposed to open on Saturday and
there's still a lot of ice out in the main shipping channel.

Cheers
Marty

Larry wrote:
Martin Baxter wrote in :

My dock is locked up in 3 feet of ice, there's a couple of feet of snow
on the ground, the wood stove is chugging along and you go and post this!

You are one nasty ******* ain't ya? ;-)

Geez, sorry Marty! From the look of the license plates in our tourist
district, I thought most Canadians were already here! They all came to
load up after years of such awful exchange rates between our devalued
currencies. Even the city merchants are accepting Canadian dollars, again,
now!

I'd be there if I could, but I work for a university, damn students need
me here, of course if it weren't for them I wouldn't have a job.

Cheers
Marty

"Larry" wrote in message
"Don White" wrote in
:

Larry wrote:

http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/

My dock is locked up in 3 feet of ice, there's a couple of feet of
snow on the ground, the wood stove is chugging along and you go and
post this!

You are one nasty ******* ain't ya? ;-)

Cheers
Marty

Could be worse...here's the state of boating a couple hundred miles
north east of me.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...rry-emerg.html

Spring is here! It's +.7C in Toronto on the webpage!

You guys will be flogging through the slush to cross the streets in no
time.

No slush for me here in the city... except in the woods.
Toronto is almost as far from here as you are. (about 1800 km)

Larry wrote:
[...]

Yeah that $%^%$ Seaway! ;-)
My dad was a longshoreman here in Halifax and that seaway sure took a lot
of port traffic from here..... summers were lean from the mid 50s' onward
until the container traffic really mushroomed.