Default Thousand Dollar Gold today!

Boat prices are goin' up.....

Watch kitco's gif, without all the spam:
http://kitco.com/images/live/gold.gif
This gif is updated on every transaction, so reload it continuously.

The green line is today.....now at $996/oz as I type this and CLIMBING.

Your money is more worthless by the hour as this line climbs.
Oil at $110/bbl is a bargain.
So isn't diesel fuel.

If we had dumped everything we owned back in 2003 and bought Rhodium for
$380/oz, we'd be sitting at the Megadock sipping our gourmet coffee,
flown in on our jets, on the after veranda of our Italian motoryachts
worrying about bilge pumps, instead of some crappy little sloop with a
leaky packing gland. Rhodium starts today at $US9,335/oz:

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/rh1825lnb.gif

Can we sell some to you?...(c;

There IS a funny story in all this......

When I was married, the elite bankers decided to let Americans own gold,
again, after taking it all for themselves since 1913. My greedy ex
decided we should buy some South African Kruggerands I must admit I
thought was a mistake. I wanted gold bars. Easier to store, no coin
dealers sucking off the profits.

We split up in the early 90's, another sad story. When we did, we split
everything without paying lawyers everything we owned to split it for
us. She got half of the Kruggerands, and I got half. I dumped mine in
an obscure drawer in the now-unused bedroom and forgot about them.

The other day, I was rummaging around in this now-storage room of a
bedroom and was digging in that drawer. I stumbled upon the forgotten
Kruggerands and decided to see what value they were holding in this
depression:

https://online.kitco.com/sellprice/selling.html

$1018.26 each, this morning! I paid about $82 for each of them. I got
a whole stack....(c;

The Kruggerands haven't changed value a bit. The American dollar, on
the other hand may have to be printed on a postage stamp, soon, if
nothing is done to stop its freefall to oblivion......dammit.

Sure wish I'd bought a few tons of Rhodium back in the '90s when it was
$150/oz.......double dammit!

Larry wrote in news:Xns9A606558CB5D7noonehomecom@
208.49.80.253:

If we had dumped everything we owned back in 2003 and bought Rhodium for
$380/oz, we'd be sitting at the Megadock sipping our gourmet coffee,
flown in on our jets, on the after veranda of our Italian motoryachts
worrying about bilge pumps, instead of some crappy little sloop with a
leaky packing gland. Rhodium starts today at $US9,335/oz:

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/rh1825lnb.gif

Oops...let me correct. Rhodium this morning is $US9,560.00 per oz., but
what's a few hundred dollars an hour between friends....(c;

https://online.kitco.com/sellprice/selling.html

.......triple dammit....

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/CW/38
Rhodium is climbing faster than a loaf of bread, though...

Hey Larry,

Looks like the printing presses are going into double-triple overtime:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...2/cnfed112.xml

There's no better way than to inflate the currency to resolve debt problems.

I always dreamed of having wheelbarrows of money. Soon I will, just to buy a
loaf of bread!

Who got us into the credit mess?

Now who is trying to resolve it?

Now if only wages and investments tracked the real inflation rate.

Thank you Federal Reserve! You ARE the good guys, good for the average Joe
and good for everyone!

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:50:07 +0000, Larry said:

The Kruggerands haven't changed value a bit.

And what yardstick are you using to determine the value of a Kruggerrand?

Rhodium or a Freemason's word...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 13 Mar 2008 09:31:06 -0500, Dave wrote:

The Kruggerands haven't changed value a bit.

And what yardstick are you using to determine the value of a Kruggerrand?

A barrel of oil of course, a better indicator of value than any
currency. Unfortunately it's hard to store and refined products have
a shelf life.

yes well, if you've been listening carefully to the current 'three
stooges' running for US president .... and if all the healthcare BS is
included. If you look to the fact the current US healthcare is
running 16-18% of GNP, and if the 3 stooges get their way .... the
average 'middle class' taxpayer @ 28% averaged income tax bite will
soon be 'enjoying' 28% + 16% = 44% in income taxes. So we'll all
need a bigger wheelbarrow .... just to pay the damn income taxes. Im
looking to flee to another country. My ancestors came to the US
looking for economic, etc. freedom. I don't think they'd consider the
US if they were immigrating today.

"Phil Abuster" wrote in
:

Thank you Federal Reserve! You ARE the good guys, good for the average
Joe and good for everyone!

You don't REALLY mean this, I hope. Federal Reserve, and the international
bankers who OWN it ARE the problem. THEY are the ones with the printing
press.....since 1913.

"Phil Abuster" wrote in news:1n82gh.37t.17.1
@news.alt.net:

Who got us into the credit mess?

How soon we forget the lessons of 1929 where the masses starved while the
bankers like the Warburgs and Rockefellers and Morgans got filthy rich,
buying failing bank assets for a couple of pennies on the dollar.

Everyone didn't starve in the 1930's. A small cadre of international
bankers merely tightened their grip on the control of the world's
governments and taught them a lesson of who is REALLY in charge, never
raising their sabres from their scabbards.

All the central banks are owned and controlled by the same "men behind the
curtain". The Bank of England is no different.

Dave wrote in news:3heit3lpfs81dekr9q74eep0vbvj86pbom@
4ax.com:

And what yardstick are you using to determine the value of a Kruggerrand?

The "value" of gold is the yardstick by which all currencies are measured.
It's been that way for thousands of years.....whether modern bankers like
it or not is inconsequential.

On 13 Mar 2008 11:47:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

And what yardstick are you using to determine the value of a Kruggerrand?

A barrel of oil of course, a better indicator of value than any
currency.

Why not a board foot of mahogany?

That might work somewhere in some cultures but here in SWFL gold or
oil are both more marketable. Your chosen currency only has value if
someone else wants it. Diamonds might be best of all if it weren't
for the complexities of grading type and quality.