Default Thousand Dollar Gold today!

Larry wrote:
Dave wrote in news:3heit3lpfs81dekr9q74eep0vbvj86pbom@
4ax.com:

And what yardstick are you using to determine the value of a Kruggerrand?

The "value" of gold is the yardstick by which all currencies are measured.
It's been that way for thousands of years.....whether modern bankers like
it or not is inconsequential.

Gold is priced in US dollars and what we are seeing is not a
rise in the price of gold but more a fall in the value of
the dollar. Similar case with oil, although rising demand
(mainly from China) for a limited resource is adding to the
problem.

Printing too much money adulterates the stock already out
there - gotta pay for the Iraqi debacle somehow.

Plus the fact there is an enormous amount of counterfeit
dollar bills floating around the world - so poor in security
features has the currency. The CIA had their own printing
presses to pay for their South American escapades back when
they were financing the Chilean truckers to bring down
Allende. And the US dollar bill of any age and variant is
always a valid one and must be accepted and redeemed.

RichH wrote:
yes well, if you've been listening carefully to the current 'three
stooges' running for US president .... and if all the healthcare BS is
included. If you look to the fact the current US healthcare is
running 16-18% of GNP, and if the 3 stooges get their way .... the
average 'middle class' taxpayer @ 28% averaged income tax bite will
soon be 'enjoying' 28% + 16% = 44% in income taxes. So we'll all
need a bigger wheelbarrow .... just to pay the damn income taxes. Im
looking to flee to another country.

Snip

You would probably find that in most other countries with lower income tax
bands you would have higher, much higher, sales taxes or VAT.

Gas, or petrol as we call it here in the UK, has just hit £1.25 a litre, of
which our government takes around 76% in taxes. This affects the price of
just about everything else in the shops, particularly food. This is the
highest fuel tax rate in Europe, and possibly the world.

As a retired middle-class citizen, my car mileage has dropped from around
10,000 miles a year to around 3500 miles in the past 5 years. I have a free
bus pass which enables me to travel to any part of Scotland (where I live),
but the services are not good, and once you get to some place, the last bus
back home is always over-full (naturally), so you may be forced to stay
overnight in a hotel costing up to £85 per night.

As to the price of gold, if you have it in the form of jewellery, which most
people have, the price you can get for it second-hand does reflect the price
per ounce quoted on the world markets, so unless you a have been prudent
enough to buy gold bars, which are marketable, but still carry a tariff when
you sell 'em, it isn't that good an investment with the US dollar the way it
is.

Housing is still arguably the best safe investment we can make, particularly
second homes, unless you are clever enough to invent an internet site which
takes off and grows 10,000% in a few years, and sell it to Bill Gates.

Our MP's enjoy not only inflation-proof and generous pensions for life, but
also have "second-home" allowances for living in the capital, whilst
maintaining their constituency homes. These allowances have just been made
public under the Freedom of Imformation Act and are staggeringly generous.
An MP can easily double or treble his/her already generous salary by
claiming these "expenses" up to the maximum allowed.

If you not an MP, but still working, and get a well-paid job in, say,
London, you have to sell up and move to the capital, and most large
companies have relocation packages, of which the best is about one quarter
of what an MP can claim, and of course they can sell their free-mortgage
second homes at the end of their term of office at staggering prices
compared to what they "bought" them for!

So don't look for another country, join the politicians, become a
congressman or better still, a senator! Or sail off into the sunset and see
how the rest of the world lives, or doesn't live!

Dennis.

Dave wrote in
:

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 00:46:19 +0000, Larry said:

And what yardstick are you using to determine the value of a
Kruggerrand?

The "value" of gold is the yardstick by which all currencies are
measured. It's been that way for thousands of years.....whether
modern bankers like it or not is inconsequential.

I figured you wouldn't understand the question. It was
rhetorical--designed to highlight the absurdity of your statement that
the value of the Kruggerrand hadn't changed.

There's nothing absurd about my statement. The value of a Kruggerand,
or any other coinage is in the precious metal it's made from, in this
case .999 fine gold, certified by the South African government mint.
That it's a kruggerand is immaterial. That's just certification of its
authenticity. Its value is in the metal and what that metal can be
traded for on the world market, which hasn't varied much at all.

Because my Kruggerands changed PRICE, in whatever fake currency you use
at the moment, merely means the value of the currency, not the metal,
has changed value. The value of all world currencies the secret central
bankers print becomes more and more worthless by the day, which is
reflected in the price of everything on the planet....food, fuel,
housing, etc. Anyone feeling they are making money in real estate, for
instance, is fooling themselves because they are being paid off in
worthless fake currency more than they put in (include maintenance and
upkeep). The value of an old house DROPS even though its price keeps
inflating....or did inflate until recently when they all started losing
their asses in the USA. NOTHING that stays the same price has the same
value it did. Anything, like boats, that drops in price REALLY drops in
value if you factor in the TRUE inflation, based on the price of
gold.....especially now.

Gold is merely a place to STORE value, quite safely, over the long term.
That's why the Illuminati bankers were so intent on stealing the US Gold
Reserves for themselves, so they could crap on the worthless currency
they print without losing value, themselves. It has worked for them
quite well.

We are browbeat that currency has value from our birth in a propaganda
campaign that currency is the place value is stored. It's simply a lie,
amoung many lies propagated. We are browbeat that oil companies are
evil and they are responsible for the price at the pump. That is a lie.
Oil companies are losing value selling you gas in exchange for your much
more worthless dollars and pounds and any other currency the central
bankers are cranking out. Oil companies are merely trying to recover
some of their lost value, based on the reaction of the buyers to price
pressures. When compared to the TRUE inflation from the devaluation of
the currencies, oil is cheaper now than it was in 1965, when it was
"cheap". The "value" of the currency you're buying it with has dropped
from $300/oz to $1000/oz since 9/11.....exactly as the bankers intended.
Bankers caused the depression before....and they will cause the
depression, again, as noone can stop it, even with guns.

Depression is the rebirth of currency, so the scam can recycle itself,
over and over.

You watch. THIS depression will result in the emergence of the
ELECTRONIC AMERO, to replace the worthless dollars. The Sheeple will
beg them to move to the Amero and its electronic tracking devices the
New World Order has in store for us all. We won't even need to print
it. You'll submit to your chip implant, or you won't have access to
your "money". Try to stop them. Resist and get cast aside.....

.....the taxes will be built right in. You won't even have to file.

"Larry" wrote in message
Dave wrote in
:

[...]

You were making a lot of sense up until the last two paragraphs. Then you
revealed you're just another loser Art Bell/George Noree conspiracy nut
case.

Please consider using reason for once in your ill-informed life.

1) What 'depression' are you talking about when you say 'this depression?'
The facts are we *might* be in a recession but that remains to be seen as it
takes two quarters of negative growth to be defined as a depression and the
stats aren't in yet but, at any rate, there are no grounds for calling this
little economic downturn a depression.

2) New World Order??? Show me where that exists other than in the small
minds of you paranoid, wack job, conspiracy nut cases?

3) You forgot to talk about the 'mark of the beast' which you conspiracy
freaks now think is the electronic chip that will be inserted into us all
shortly so our doings and whereabouts will be known at all times.

4) And why did you fail to mention the Builderburgers? Or the Skull and
Bones secret society. Certainly they threaten you, too.

--
Gregory Hall

"Gregory Hall" wrote in message

"Larry" wrote in message
Dave wrote in
:

[...]

correction:

1) What 'depression' are you talking about when you say 'this depression?'
The facts are we *might* be in a recession but that remains to be seen as
it takes two quarters of negative growth to be defined as a *recession*
and the stats aren't in yet but, at any rate, there are no grounds for
calling this little economic downturn a depression.

Gogarty wrote in
:

Sure wish we had bought euro futures when it was $0.89 (today $1.56).
I wanted to but the wife would not allow me to do that. But then, if
wishes were horses then beggars would ride.

I just wish I had bought Rhodium when it was so cheap.....

Dammit....

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:21:48 +0000, Larry said:

I figured you wouldn't understand the question. It was
rhetorical--designed to highlight the absurdity of your statement that
the value of the Kruggerrand hadn't changed.

There's nothing absurd about my statement.

Q.E.D.

Well, not exactly. It is a coin still worth its face value of 1 rand,
should you wish to ignore the fact that the metal it is made of is worth
much more than the face value today.