Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Thousand Dollar Gold today!

Boat prices are goin' up.....

Watch kitco's gif, without all the spam:
http://kitco.com/images/live/gold.gif
This gif is updated on every transaction, so reload it continuously.

The green line is today.....now at $996/oz as I type this and CLIMBING.

Your money is more worthless by the hour as this line climbs.
Oil at $110/bbl is a bargain.
So isn't diesel fuel.

If we had dumped everything we owned back in 2003 and bought Rhodium for
$380/oz, we'd be sitting at the Megadock sipping our gourmet coffee,
flown in on our jets, on the after veranda of our Italian motoryachts
worrying about bilge pumps, instead of some crappy little sloop with a
leaky packing gland. Rhodium starts today at $US9,335/oz:

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/rh1825lnb.gif

Can we sell some to you?...(c;

There IS a funny story in all this......

When I was married, the elite bankers decided to let Americans own gold,
again, after taking it all for themselves since 1913. My greedy ex
decided we should buy some South African Kruggerands I must admit I
thought was a mistake. I wanted gold bars. Easier to store, no coin
dealers sucking off the profits.

We split up in the early 90's, another sad story. When we did, we split
everything without paying lawyers everything we owned to split it for
us. She got half of the Kruggerands, and I got half. I dumped mine in
an obscure drawer in the now-unused bedroom and forgot about them.

The other day, I was rummaging around in this now-storage room of a
bedroom and was digging in that drawer. I stumbled upon the forgotten
Kruggerands and decided to see what value they were holding in this
depression:

https://online.kitco.com/sellprice/selling.html

$1018.26 each, this morning! I paid about $82 for each of them. I got
a whole stack....(c;

The Kruggerands haven't changed value a bit. The American dollar, on
the other hand may have to be printed on a postage stamp, soon, if
nothing is done to stop its freefall to oblivion......dammit.

Sure wish I'd bought a few tons of Rhodium back in the '90s when it was
$150/oz.......double dammit!