Brian Whatcott

Default Licence to hire speedboat in Greece/Spain

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:44:18 +0000, Steve wrote:

///
I could buy or hire a 40' cruiser in England without a licence,
why do I need one in Spain. Is it more dangerous or difficult
over there?

The details of national licensing requirements are in the final
analysis arbitrary. A city speed limit in the U.K of 30 MPH might be
mirrored by a city limit of 25MPH in [some parts of ]the US.

But there *is* an international driving permit, and I suspect that's
what you have in mind?

Brian W
Brian Whatcott

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:48:09 +0000, Steve wrote:
///
I've yet to meet anyone who's been pulled over by cops while on a
boat.

Here I am. I was stopped for pulling a water-skier with an inadequate
rear-view mirror. (The need does not arise when carrying an observer)

Brian W

Larry Starr

Yes Steve,
Screw their little grab for money and power by way of making you pay up to
£500 to obtain an "International Certificate of Competence (ICC)" .
Start with this link and look around the web, make up a Beauty and insert a
proper series of characters (numbers/letters) for the official number...

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Hacking/Fake_Identification/

Karin Conover-Lewis

Clearly you have very little time on the water.

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Steve" wrote in message
I've yet to meet anyone who's been pulled over by cops while on a
boat.

lol

Ric

"Steve" wrote in message
"Ric" , wrote:

I have explained myself, you have not.

You clearly have a flippant and irresponsible attitude to safety and other
water users. Your comment is as inane as arguing "why should I have a
driving licence, it is only concrete". If you can afford to go on holiday to
Spain and Greece, you can afford to go on a course and learn how to drive a
motorboat.

Ric

"Steve" wrote in message
I've yet to meet anyone who's been pulled over by cops while on a
boat.

lol

Yet again, you are revealing that you have virtually no experience in
driving motorboats. If you did, you would know that motorboats regularaly
get pulled over by the authorities - especially in Spain.

The mere fact that you are asking this question on a sailing group suggests
that you have very little experience with boats. If you did, you would know
better than to ask on a sailing group as you would know that most sailors
have a dim view of motorboaters, particularly obviously irresponsible ones
like you.