Default TWIC requirement

On Feb 17, 10:30 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Messing In Boats" wrote in ...

Here's the website with the FAQs that state the TWIC is mandated for
all credentialed mariners who use their USCG licenses.
http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers...s.shtm#general

I wrote a letter to my Senators and congresswoman complaining about
how ridiculous it is for us to be required to pay either $102.25 or
$132.50 to haul folks around for hire on our own boats. And this has
something to do with homeland security or is it just to line the
pockets of some contractor? It states that the USCG and TSA may get
together on this to prevent needless duplication of the merchant
mariner documentation and the TWIC, but in the meantime we have to go
through both processes if your license happens to expire this year.

I don't believe you're exempt if your license doesn't expire. If that's the
case, please point us to such information. I believe you have to get one
either way if you have a license.

--
"j" ganz

My understanding is that you have to get one if you're going to USE
your license. Many folks get them just to have the status and bragging
rights, but don't actually take people out for hire with them. The
USCG calls them "vanity" licenses.

"Messing In Boats" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know... there's no mention of this on the website, and the guy who I
spoke with at the 800 num, just said, if you have a license, you need a
card, but I'm sure you're right, as they're not likely to try and enforce it
on that level. If you have a license and you want to use it, you have to
have a card. It doesn't matter when it expires or is issued.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 17, 7:40*am, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
wrote:
The US, the one I was born in, raised in, boat in, is gone/over/.. done.

1) 52' beautiful life boat. Biuilt about 1950. She is a displacment
hull able ot conduct resuce mission in 25-30' seas.

Ups, my mistake. That beatiful 52 foooter is rated for 30'-35' seas
NOT 25-30.

bob

"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

I don't know... there's no mention of this on the website, and the guy
who I spoke with at the 800 num, just said, if you have a license, you
need a card, but I'm sure you're right, as they're not likely to try
and enforce it on that level. If you have a license and you want to
use it, you have to have a card. It doesn't matter when it expires or
is issued.

You're correct Cap'n. EVERYONE with a LICENSE must pay the $132+ fee
and SUBMIT to the full background inspection,
criminal/citizenship/alien/status. EVERY documented USCG sailor, from
the lowliest steward to the master, will be searched, examined, his past
inspected, his offences rated before TWIC is issued.

Read the webpage yourselves. ONLY the non-documented cruise ship
employees with NO unescorted access to the secure areas (bridge, engine
room, etc.) will not be required to SUBMIT....and pay.

I bet as this bureaucracy grows, exponentially, EVERYONE aboard any boat
going offshore is going to have a TWIC before they leave, available for
immediate inspection by the DEA, USCG, etc., on demand. It'll be issued
to all, just like your passport except you won't have to LAND in some
foreign port before it's a requirement.

The ultimate aim, of course, is the RFID tagging of every American so he
can be tracked, catalogued and forced into submission at any time. TWIC
looks like just one facet in the rubix cube of "National Security".

Orwell just had the DATE wrong....

Fox News promotes it, of course:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MAI2-_hnFH0

Here's the appropriate section of "Zeitgeist", the NUMBER ONE watched
video on YouTube, that relates to this IDing process:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo&feature=related

SUBMIT, DAMMIT, SUBMIT! You have no choice!

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

[...]

I guess you didn't have to get a fbi background check last you got/renewed
your license... you must be very special. I bet you don't have a passport
either!

Did they tell you they were going to implant the chip or did they just do it
while you were unconscious?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

Did they tell you they were going to implant the chip or did they just
do it while you were unconscious?

So far, the chip is only implanted in your new Federal ID card. I
suspect the implantations will start on the kids at some special date,
maybe to get a driver's license.

The chip is coming. Without it, you won't be able to do any financial
transaction or any government transaction...at first, before the chip-
reading cash registers are mandatory.

The Amero may also play into this. I'm seeing more Amero coinage
pictures showing up. I'll be amazed if the Amero isn't DIGITAL in
nature, not coins and useless printed paper which can't be tracked. I'm
thinking part of the reason for the Amero is total tracking of every
Amero.

ON TOPIC - ROGER - ARE YOU SEEING THIS?!!....(C;

You'll walk up to the register at Waste Marine and the register will
read your chip. A database containing your financial account will be
accessed as the snobbish old ******* behind the counter tallies up the
plumbing parts you need. When he punches TOTAL, the 48% sales tax will
be added in to fund 3 countries, not one, and the grand total will be
moved from YOUR Amero account into Waste Marine's Amero account on some
EMC Symmetrix box at the North American Union Private Central Bank that
replaced the Federal Reserve Private Central Bank.

Your purchase duly recorded to your spending habits sold to the spammers
for analysis and advertising, 8 marine plumbing catalogues just dropped
off the shelf onto the movement belts on their way to the addressing
machinery and postage metering. You'll receive them in 2 weeks,
wondering how they got your personal information.

When your driver's license is up for renewal, a special room for
implantation of the replacement chips to the chips in the TWIC, US ID
CARD, Driver's License, will be injected into your neck, just like your
dog. The cards will be collected as you won't need them any more, now
positively ID'd by your body implant. You won't even need a wallet,
unless you want to carry your kids' pictures around to show off. Every
cop who approaches you will know exactly who you are, what your rap
sheet looks like and any government warrants by the New World Order are
out on you, causing him to arrest you, switching your chip from on to
prisoner as you enter the van to the jail.

You won't try to escape because every time you pass a sign it points to
you as Prisoner 23847235982734 and the alarm goes off on every cop
within 5 miles.....rendering you incapable of escape, just like everyone
else.

Every drink you buy at any bar will be accounted for, alerting the
appropriate authorities. If you enter any vehicle's driver seat, your
ticket will be deducted from your financial account before you even get
the key turned, the car will be disabled until you leave the driver's
seat and a sober driver replaces you the master computer KNOWS hasn't
been drinking. If you try it again, after the warning arrives in the
morning on your "screen", your chip will be disabled, your account
frozen so you cannot function until you show up for "administrative
action" at the courthouse to beg them to turn it back on, which will, of
course, automatically deduct a substantial amount of funds moved from
YOUR account to the CITY TREASURER.

Don't drink and drive!....at all!

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

[...]

Larry, I want the chip implanted in my head... expandable storage option
would be nice....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
I guess you didn't have to get a fbi background check last you got/renewed
your license... you must be very special. I bet you don't have a passport
either!

Did they tell you they were going to implant the chip or did they just do
it
while you were unconscious?

He's always more or less unconscious so they didn't have to ask. :')

LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 18, 2:04*pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:

Larry, I want the chip implanted in my head... expandable storage option
would be nice....

Considering people are already using chips in their pets for ID I
think it only prudent to put one in your kid in case a terrorrist bags
your child. that way the DHS could call an Amber ALert and find your
child.

Oh, my new USA Pasport has a chip that is able to be read "... from a
near distance...." or so I read in the passport.

Humm, I wonder what a near distance is.............. low orbit?????
over the horrizon?? LOS

Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
On Feb 18, 2:04 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:

Larry, I want the chip implanted in my head... expandable storage option
would be nice....

Considering people are already using chips in their pets for ID I
think it only prudent to put one in your kid in case a terrorrist bags
your child. that way the DHS could call an Amber ALert and find your
child.

Oh, my new USA Pasport has a chip that is able to be read "... from a
near distance...." or so I read in the passport.

Humm, I wonder what a near distance is.............. low orbit?????
over the horrizon?? LOS

Bob

Anywhere there's a wireless signal... duhhh...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com