Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default TWIC requirement

"Larry" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

I don't know... there's no mention of this on the website, and the guy
who I spoke with at the 800 num, just said, if you have a license, you
need a card, but I'm sure you're right, as they're not likely to try
and enforce it on that level. If you have a license and you want to
use it, you have to have a card. It doesn't matter when it expires or
is issued.

You're correct Cap'n. EVERYONE with a LICENSE must pay the $132+ fee
and SUBMIT to the full background inspection,
criminal/citizenship/alien/status. EVERY documented USCG sailor, from
the lowliest steward to the master, will be searched, examined, his past
inspected, his offences rated before TWIC is issued.

Read the webpage yourselves. ONLY the non-documented cruise ship
employees with NO unescorted access to the secure areas (bridge, engine
room, etc.) will not be required to SUBMIT....and pay.

I bet as this bureaucracy grows, exponentially, EVERYONE aboard any boat
going offshore is going to have a TWIC before they leave, available for
immediate inspection by the DEA, USCG, etc., on demand. It'll be issued
to all, just like your passport except you won't have to LAND in some
foreign port before it's a requirement.

The ultimate aim, of course, is the RFID tagging of every American so he
can be tracked, catalogued and forced into submission at any time. TWIC
looks like just one facet in the rubix cube of "National Security".

Orwell just had the DATE wrong....

Fox News promotes it, of course:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MAI2-_hnFH0

Here's the appropriate section of "Zeitgeist", the NUMBER ONE watched
video on YouTube, that relates to this IDing process:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo&feature=related

SUBMIT, DAMMIT, SUBMIT! You have no choice!

I guess you didn't have to get a fbi background check last you got/renewed
your license... you must be very special. I bet you don't have a passport
either!

Did they tell you they were going to implant the chip or did they just do it
while you were unconscious?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com