Default TWIC requirement

Here's the website with the FAQs that state the TWIC is mandated for
all credentialed mariners who use their USCG licenses.
http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers...s.shtm#general

I wrote a letter to my Senators and congresswoman complaining about
how ridiculous it is for us to be required to pay either $102.25 or
$132.50 to haul folks around for hire on our own boats. And this has
something to do with homeland security or is it just to line the
pockets of some contractor? It states that the USCG and TSA may get
together on this to prevent needless duplication of the merchant
mariner documentation and the TWIC, but in the meantime we have to go
through both processes if your license happens to expire this year.
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 16, 9:25*pm, Messing In Boats wrote:

I wrote a letter to my Senators and congresswoman complaining about
how ridiculous it is for us to be required to pay either $102.25 or
$132.50 to haul folks around for hire on our own boats.

Wel, what did the Repubilcans say? Oh, yes.......

KEEP BIG GOVERNTMENT OFF OUR BACK AND OUT OF OUR POCKET...

I guess the Republicans sorta for got about that along with defict
spending.

Bob
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 16, 11:32*pm, WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:32:33 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

On Feb 16, 9:25*pm, Messing In Boats wrote:

I wrote a letter to my Senators and congresswoman complaining about
how ridiculous it is for us to be required to pay either $102.25 or
$132.50 to haul folks around for hire on our own boats.

Wel, what did the Repubilcans say? Oh, yes.......

KEEP BIG GOVERNTMENT OFF OUR BACK AND OUT OF OUR POCKET...

I guess the Republicans sorta for got about that along with defict
spending.

Bob

Oh boy, that damned republican congress.

Oh wait......

Oh, yea how loong has that TWIC been in the pipe??? 2001 and DHS
pushed by the president's appointees.
and why has the USCG all but abandon life boat build infavor for 600'
cutters and riggid inflatables??? I guess we need to gaurd the Iraq
coast with 4400-600' cutters and keep all thoese ALREADY liscensed
mariners and card carying harbor workers identified as wel.

In all seriousness, resaearch the USCG vessel build program and how
the money is alocated by vessel type. the commercial finsermen and
offshore recreational boater are not going to rely on our loved
coasties there to do their resuce mission.

For example............... Newprot, OR USCG Yaqyina bay Station. There
are the following boats:
2) 47' life boats able to operate in 20-25' seas.
1) maybe 2) 20 foot somthing foot zip around ridigid inflatables for
running around the bay and out to the bar (jety entrance).

1) 52' beautiful life boat. Biuilt about 1950. She is a displacment
hull able ot conduct resuce mission in 25-30' seas.

Moral of story: when its too bad to send a helo, and too bad for the
planning hull fast 47 footer to go out........... you sorry ass is
floating around in 30' seas hopping your immersion suit will last
longe enough in 50 F water for a 58 year old boat to sholder its way
to you. The last line of hervy weather rescure is dependant on a FIFTY
EIGHT YEAR OLD boat.

I under stand there are onl three left in service.......... such a
sham. And so beautiful. Queen of the Fleet truely . Yes slower but
able to get the job done when a life depends on it.

But in all the wisdom of buget allocation our coast guard is getting
turned into a stepchild of the USN to fight a war. thank your
Republicans for that!
Bob

bob

A defense contractor went and made several cutters under refit totally
unseaworthy so they were scrapped. Now guess who is getting the contract for
the new cutters? It's a friggin circus and waste of your money.

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/20...cancelled.html

But if you are against the additional fees and paperwork you must be on the
side of the terrorists. We're at war, you know. Do not question authority!
"Either you are with us or for the terrorists."

Ron

The US, the one I was born in, raised in, boat in, is gone/over/.. done.

After 9/11, the madness of the terrorists was replaced by the madness of
a government gone crazy. Look at the spending. Look at Home Land Security.

What nonsense.

They take an unemployed bum, give him/her a uniform and some power and stick
him/her at the airport. Yet every time a test is done to check the security
of bags
etc, the bad **** gets through.

They have tuned the USCG into a military organization. They have given
money to every state, municipality, to hire stupid people and call them
marine patrol. These formerly McDonald's employees are now out in fancy
boats bothering people. They get paid more money than who knows, to do
nothing.

All this money. Billions. And now the whole F'n government is going down
the
****ter. The American dollar is worth toilet paper.

And all the while, the border isn't controled. Is this nuts or what!

Some fat, connected, moron is riding around in a brand new patrol boat, with
his
brand new uniform on, doing nothing ... and

the border between Mexico and the USA is wide open.

The sadest part? Take a look at the presidential candidates.

This country is over. Done... and I don't care. Good I say.

==

wrote:

On Feb 16, 9:25 pm, Messing In Boats wrote:

I wrote a letter to my Senators and congresswoman complaining about
how ridiculous it is for us to be required to pay either $102.25 or
$132.50 to haul folks around for hire on our own boats.

Wel, what did the Repubilcans say? Oh, yes.......

KEEP BIG GOVERNTMENT OFF OUR BACK AND OUT OF OUR POCKET...

I guess the Republicans sorta for got about that along with defict
spending.

Bob

Oh boy, that damned republican congress.

Oh wait......

The two parties love people who claim allegiance to right or left and
can't see the rest of the world. Maybe if the sheeple would wake up,
they would realize that most pols are the same under their disguises.
Gordon

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:15:26 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

600'
cutters

Six hundred foot?

Casady

Richard Casady wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:15:26 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

600'
cutters

Six hundred foot?

They never leave the dock. Instead they cast off their bow and spring
lines, swing out to wherever they need to be, perform the function and
then use their bow thrusters to return to dock.

Messing In Boats wrote in news:369158cd-65a6-44a5-
:

TWIC is mandated

All part of the program to drive the little people out of the water and
reserve it for the rich. The six pack fishermen/guides are already looking
for a job, their dreams of self employment crashed on the rocks.

"Messing In Boats" wrote in message
Here's the website with the FAQs that state the TWIC is mandated for
all credentialed mariners who use their USCG licenses.
http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers...s.shtm#general

I wrote a letter to my Senators and congresswoman complaining about
how ridiculous it is for us to be required to pay either $102.25 or
$132.50 to haul folks around for hire on our own boats. And this has
something to do with homeland security or is it just to line the
pockets of some contractor? It states that the USCG and TSA may get
together on this to prevent needless duplication of the merchant
mariner documentation and the TWIC, but in the meantime we have to go
through both processes if your license happens to expire this year.

I don't believe you're exempt if your license doesn't expire. If that's the
case, please point us to such information. I believe you have to get one
either way if you have a license.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com