Aaron

Default Coast Guard Boardings

I have not had the pleasure of cruising the San Juans for several years,
but I wanted to relate my own experience of being boarded- an American
in American waters. We drifted for two hours while they circled us w/
machine gun trained. Although they didn't destroy anything, they spent
over an hour of that time searching the boat stem to stern. When they
were done they told us thank you very much, this was A TRAINING
EXERCISE!

Fmc

What an experience! Isn't grand to be able to not only provide an
opportunity for the CG to have an exercise, but have them thank you after
the event.

Fmc

What an experience! Isn't grand to be able to not only provide an
opportunity for the CG to have an exercise, but have them thank you after
the event.

Den73740

We drifted for two hours while they circled us w/
machine gun trained. Although they didn't destroy anything, they spent
over an hour of that time searching the boat stem to stern. When they
were done they told us thank you very much, this was A TRAINING
EXERCISE!

Does that mean if they found anything it wouldn't count against you :}

Dennis

pirate

land off the free
"Fmc" wrote in message
What an experience! Isn't grand to be able to not only provide an
opportunity for the CG to have an exercise, but have them thank you after
the event.

pirate

land off the free
"Fmc" wrote in message
What an experience! Isn't grand to be able to not only provide an
opportunity for the CG to have an exercise, but have them thank you after
the event.

Gould 0738

How special to be boarded by a group of rookies anxious to demonstrate that not
one cubic inch of your vesssel escaped scrutiny.

When cruising out of the San Juans into Canada, many boaters avoid the Bedwell
customs dock for the same reason. They train the new customs inspectors at
Bedwell, so every "i" is dotted, every "t" is crossed, and extreme searches are
more common than at other ports of entry.

Aaron

We didn't tell them they missed the wrotten egg stashed in the oven! ;-)

(Gould 0738) wrote in
:

Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
( OT ) In Search Of A Plan Jim General 66 April 28th 04 01:14 PM
( OT ) Bush to make up National Guard service Jim General 0 March 8th 04 05:30 PM
Coast Guard Auxiliary and Homeland Security Capt Lou General 88 January 18th 04 10:31 PM
Cdn. Coast Guard: Wow [email protected] General 2 July 18th 03 12:52 AM