BoatBanter.com

-   -   Coast Guard Boardings (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/9101-re-coast-guard-boardings.html)

Aaron February 14th 04 01:38 AM

Coast Guard Boardings

I have not had the pleasure of cruising the San Juans for several years,
but I wanted to relate my own experience of being boarded- an American
in American waters. We drifted for two hours while they circled us w/
machine gun trained. Although they didn't destroy anything, they spent
over an hour of that time searching the boat stem to stern. When they
were done they told us thank you very much, this was A TRAINING
EXERCISE!

Fmc February 14th 04 01:45 AM

Coast Guard Boardings

What an experience! Isn't grand to be able to not only provide an
opportunity for the CG to have an exercise, but have them thank you after
the event.

Fmc February 14th 04 01:45 AM

Coast Guard Boardings

Den73740 February 14th 04 03:58 AM

Coast Guard Boardings

We drifted for two hours while they circled us w/
machine gun trained. Although they didn't destroy anything, they spent
over an hour of that time searching the boat stem to stern. When they
were done they told us thank you very much, this was A TRAINING
EXERCISE!

Does that mean if they found anything it wouldn't count against you :}

Dennis

pirate February 14th 04 06:20 AM

Coast Guard Boardings

land off the free

pirate February 14th 04 06:20 AM

Coast Guard Boardings

land off the free

Gould 0738 February 14th 04 03:51 PM

Coast Guard Boardings

How special to be boarded by a group of rookies anxious to demonstrate that not
one cubic inch of your vesssel escaped scrutiny.

When cruising out of the San Juans into Canada, many boaters avoid the Bedwell
customs dock for the same reason. They train the new customs inspectors at
Bedwell, so every "i" is dotted, every "t" is crossed, and extreme searches are
more common than at other ports of entry.

Aaron February 17th 04 06:53 PM

Coast Guard Boardings

We didn't tell them they missed the wrotten egg stashed in the oven! ;-)

(Gould 0738) wrote in
: