Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default diesel stoves

Hi everyone:

I come here seeking knowledge and advice. I am looking for a simple one
or two burner diesel stove.

There is reason for my madness. This is for a small RV, not a boat. I
don't have room for LP tanks. I stay out too long for propane bottles.
And I would like everything to run on the same fuel. I am familiar with
how diesel/kerosene/etc stoves work and I know they can be a PITA. But
still, the advantages of a single, plentiful fuel outweigh the
disadvantages for me.

So... Back to the stoves.

I can't find anyone who manufactures traditional burner-type diesel
stoves. The Wallas unit is beautiful, but scares me since there is no
visual indication that the stove is on. It's doubly scary in that in
order to get up into the upper bunk, you must climb over the galley.
Sooner or later I see a cooked foot or hand.

I am looking for something like the old Homestrand stoves. Does anyone
still manufacture anything like this? Or does anyone have a source for
these stoves in the used/rebuilt market? Anyone have one in their scrap
heap? I can do simple rebuilds and I have access to a welder if needed...

--Yan

How about a lively discussion about marine cook stoves Gordon Cruising 20 June 19th 07 01:26 PM
fatsco stoves (tiny tot or pet) marc Cruising 0 October 21st 06 03:16 AM
propane stoves Lee308 Cruising 34 December 13th 04 06:36 PM
alcohol vs gas stoves Grainger Morris Boat Building 26 October 24th 04 07:06 PM
Alchohol stoves Parallax General 18 October 15th 03 06:37 PM