HPEER HPEER is offline

Default diesel stoves

CptDondo wrote:
Hi everyone:

I come here seeking knowledge and advice. I am looking for a simple one
or two burner diesel stove.

There is reason for my madness. This is for a small RV, not a boat. I
don't have room for LP tanks. I stay out too long for propane bottles.
And I would like everything to run on the same fuel. I am familiar with
how diesel/kerosene/etc stoves work and I know they can be a PITA. But
still, the advantages of a single, plentiful fuel outweigh the
disadvantages for me.

So... Back to the stoves.

I can't find anyone who manufactures traditional burner-type diesel
stoves. The Wallas unit is beautiful, but scares me since there is no
visual indication that the stove is on. It's doubly scary in that in
order to get up into the upper bunk, you must climb over the galley.
Sooner or later I see a cooked foot or hand.

I am looking for something like the old Homestrand stoves. Does anyone
still manufacture anything like this? Or does anyone have a source for
these stoves in the used/rebuilt market? Anyone have one in their scrap
heap? I can do simple rebuilds and I have access to a welder if needed...

--Yan

Try this site

http://www.blakes-lavac-taylors.co.uk/

Not sure who is US distributor.

You may even be able to do a diesel/paraffin (kerosene) dual fuel type.

Let me know how you make out.

Googling HomeStrand I got a couple of interesting hits.