Default diesel stoves

Hi everyone:

I come here seeking knowledge and advice. I am looking for a simple one
or two burner diesel stove.

There is reason for my madness. This is for a small RV, not a boat. I
don't have room for LP tanks. I stay out too long for propane bottles.
And I would like everything to run on the same fuel. I am familiar with
how diesel/kerosene/etc stoves work and I know they can be a PITA. But
still, the advantages of a single, plentiful fuel outweigh the
disadvantages for me.

So... Back to the stoves.

I can't find anyone who manufactures traditional burner-type diesel
stoves. The Wallas unit is beautiful, but scares me since there is no
visual indication that the stove is on. It's doubly scary in that in
order to get up into the upper bunk, you must climb over the galley.
Sooner or later I see a cooked foot or hand.

I am looking for something like the old Homestrand stoves. Does anyone
still manufacture anything like this? Or does anyone have a source for
these stoves in the used/rebuilt market? Anyone have one in their scrap
heap? I can do simple rebuilds and I have access to a welder if needed...

--Yan

CptDondo wrote:
[...]

Try this site

http://www.blakes-lavac-taylors.co.uk/

Not sure who is US distributor.

You may even be able to do a diesel/paraffin (kerosene) dual fuel type.

Let me know how you make out.

Googling HomeStrand I got a couple of interesting hits.

Cpt,

Have you looked at alcohol stoves? The spilled fuel doesn't smell as bad.

Dave M.

Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 12, 6:35*am, CptDondo wrote:
Hi everyone:

I come here seeking knowledge and advice. *I am looking for a simple one
or two burner diesel stove

Get off your fat as and search here. Tons of excellent infor frompast
posts....

Ah ****, okay hrer ya go. ya caught me in a good mood.

http://www.blakes-lavac-taylors.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.dickinsonmarine.com/index.asp

http://cruisenews.net/db/pagetemplate.php?cat_id=8

http://www.nauticexpo.com/boat-manuf...tove-1266.html

http://www.marinestove.com/

Bob now dont go and get all Skippy on me.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:57:52 -0800, Bob wrote:

On Feb 12, 6:35Â*am, CptDondo wrote:
Hi everyone:

I come here seeking knowledge and advice. Â*I am looking for a simple
one or two burner diesel stove

Get off your fat as and search here. Tons of excellent infor frompast
posts....

Been sitting on my fat ass and searching....

Ah ****, okay hrer ya go. ya caught me in a good mood.

http://www.blakes-lavac-taylors.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.dickinsonmarine.com/index.asp

http://cruisenews.net/db/pagetemplate.php?cat_id=8

http://www.nauticexpo.com/boat-manuf...tove-1266.html

http://www.marinestove.com/

Been to most of those. No joy at any for what I want. To expensive, too
complicated, or too big.

Here's one that looks promising; anyone have any experience with these
folks? Apparently the lanterns and stoves can be temperamental, but I
like the idea of the built-in pre-heater.

http://britelyt.groupee.net/stoves.htm

--Yan

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:35:39 -0000, CptDondo
wrote:

I come here seeking knowledge and advice. I am looking for a simple one
or two burner diesel stove.

There is reason for my madness. This is for a small RV, not a boat. I
don't have room for LP tanks. I stay out too long for propane bottles.
And I would like everything to run on the same fuel.

If your RV has a diesel generator or high current alternator you could
consider using small one or two burner electric stove tops. That
would also give you the ability to have a microwave oven.

Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 13, 6:05*pm, CptDondo wrote:
Here's one that looks promising; anyone have any experience with
these
folks? *Apparently the lanterns and stoves can be temperamental, but I
like the idea of the built-in pre-heater.

http://britelyt.groupee.net/stoves.htm

--Yan

Oh, youre looking for an old school moutineering camp stove.
ya, those are cool!

When I was in Fiji I bought a "tin can" kerosen stove with five wicks
sitting in a pool of fluid.for burning. It worked great! cooked Curry
lobster perfectly.
Try this. I seem to remember a Boy Scout merit badge called Tin Can
Cookery. That might work too.Or easier yet, dial up REI Seattle's fun
store.
Bob

How about a lively discussion about marine cook stoves Gordon Cruising 20 June 19th 07 01:26 PM
fatsco stoves (tiny tot or pet) marc Cruising 0 October 21st 06 03:16 AM
propane stoves Lee308 Cruising 34 December 13th 04 06:36 PM
alcohol vs gas stoves Grainger Morris Boat Building 26 October 24th 04 07:06 PM
Alchohol stoves Parallax General 18 October 15th 03 06:37 PM