Default Repairing the traveler

Jammed traveler. Huh? How can something so simple be jammed? Wont
move at all unless I kick it leaving gouges on the track. OK, I've
taken it apart before, bearing are loose so I will have to keep em
from running off. Might even have to replace the balls but I can prob
order em from McMAster Carr or similar. Still, it is a 28 yr old
traveler, repair of replace? I do not want to replace the track and I
cannot remember the brand of traveler. Do all travelers use the same
track in case I must replace it? Ideas?

They're all different.
Good news is the the balls, if 'torlon' are usually all the same.
Rigrite.com may have the exact parts you're looking for.

RichH wrote:
They're all different.
Good news is the the balls, if 'torlon' are usually all the same.
Rigrite.com may have the exact parts you're looking for.

I have a small Schaeffer traveller on my self tacking staysail. Some
bits broke, damn thing is obsolete. I bought a small lock from Rigrite
for over $100 and lost in less than 5 minutes because of something else.

This year I bought a replacement traveller from Garhauer for $250.
Personally I like their stuff and the price is right. If you have
questions you can call the factory and ask for Guido (no, I am not
joking) and he will help you with your order. I even sent him some
pictures of my rig and he held on the phone to look at them. No joke!

I have yet to install the unit but it looks and feels great.

Best of luck,

Howard

Subject

After Harken, it is all down hill.

Lew

Mystery Traveler Track Howard Cruising 4 September 17th 06 08:51 PM
Arkansas Traveler History [email protected] General 1 June 13th 05 12:38 PM
Is the traveler Arch good? Denis Marier Cruising 4 June 8th 05 01:14 AM
blocks for mainsheet traveler Frank Gerry Boat Building 3 May 6th 04 05:14 AM
Wooden support for traveler......?????? Ytter Boat Building 6 February 5th 04 03:47 PM