Default Mystery Traveler Track

I have a traveler track for my staysail and need a stopper. The one I
have is busted and I need to replace it. I can't seem to identify the
correct track and am looking for some help.

I have looked at Lewmar, Harken, Schaefer, and Ronstan and can not find
a matching track. The boat is far away and I only have the busted stop
to go by.

The track is slightly under 1-1/8th inch wide at the top of the T. Call
it 1-1/16th inch.

It is 1 inch high.

The narrowest part, right under the T, is 5/8th inch.

Ronstan Series 32 I beam track is close but a little too large.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Howard

Howard wrote in news:7fedc$44fe1ad9$43663f75$8412
@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

Ronstan Series 32 I beam track is close but a little too large.

"They" haven't made your track in 12 years and have no parts to fix it.....

Every 4 years we have to completely re-design perfectly good working parts
into parts that fail more often to keep the company in business and force
everyone to buy the "whole new thing", not some obscure part like a pin
with a spring. To make sure it won't fit, we'll switch back and forth from
English to Metric every 4 years.

I believe the correct socialogical term is "Planned Obsolescense". (Did I
spell that right??...(c

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.
dt dt is offline

Larry wrote:

Howard wrote in news:7fedc$44fe1ad9$43663f75$8412
@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

Ronstan Series 32 I beam track is close but a little too large.

"They" haven't made your track in 12 years and have no parts to fix it.....

Every 4 years we have to completely re-design perfectly good working parts
into parts that fail more often to keep the company in business and force
everyone to buy the "whole new thing", not some obscure part like a pin
with a spring. To make sure it won't fit, we'll switch back and forth from
English to Metric every 4 years.

I believe the correct socialogical term is "Planned Obsolescense". (Did I
spell that right??...(c

Nope; it's "obsolescence".

DT
(It's also "sociological". But I agree with your main point. ;-))

Howard wrote:
I have a traveler track for my staysail and need a stopper. The one I
have is busted and I need to replace it. I can't seem to identify the
correct track and am looking for some help.

I have looked at Lewmar, Harken, Schaefer, and Ronstan and can not find
a matching track. The boat is far away and I only have the busted stop
to go by.

The track is slightly under 1-1/8th inch wide at the top of the T. Call
it 1-1/16th inch.

It is 1 inch high.

The narrowest part, right under the T, is 5/8th inch.

Ronstan Series 32 I beam track is close but a little too large.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Howard

Rigrite.com has a lot of old and out of production hardware

Evan Gatehouse

Evan,

Most excellent - it is right there - Ronstan 1293 track.

This website is wonderful as they have all kinds of cross sections that
help in track identification.

Now to contact them and see if they can provide the desired piece.

Many, many thanks,

Howard

Mast track lubing Roger Long Cruising 15 June 20th 06 03:19 PM
Re-bedding a genoa track engsol Cruising 8 April 13th 05 02:11 AM
Trysail Track Installation JAWs Cruising 11 May 28th 04 03:24 PM
Furuno Track Ball sticks Steve Electronics 4 January 24th 04 02:04 AM