Frank Gerry

Default blocks for mainsheet traveler

I have a raised mainsheet traveller that is installed above the cabin top
for my 28 foot sailboat. The manufacturer is Shaefer I believe. I noticed
that the black plastic end pieces on either side of the traveller base are
badly chiped, cracked, and otherwise appear to be about to fall apart.
I was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy replacement parts for these.
And if not, any suggestion as to how to repair.

Frank

Terry Spragg

Jim Conlin wrote:
Had you thought of contacting Schaefer http://www.schaefermarine.com/?

Frank Gerry wrote:

I have a raised mainsheet traveller that is installed above the cabin top
for my 28 foot sailboat. The manufacturer is Shaefer I believe. I noticed
that the black plastic end pieces on either side of the traveller base
are
badly chiped, cracked, and otherwise appear to be about to fall apart.
I was wondering if anyone knows if I can buy replacement parts for
these.
And if not, any suggestion as to how to repair.

Frank

Mould your own in place with epoxy. You won't need much.

Dam the inside with putty, wax the inside to allow eventual removal
for servicing, mix up thick epoxy bog with chopped glass and UV
protectant, mould into shape with fingers in disposable gloves,
retain shape with masking tape or putty dam.

Terry K