Default Buying a boat in a foreign land?

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:51:33 GMT, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:40:37 -0800, ray lunder
wrote:

I see some sailing vessels offered at seemingly remarkable bargains
but they are in Mexico. So how do you go about
buying/registering/documenting boats like this? My money is in us
banks at present. Thank you for your time.

My son spotted a cruiser at an off-shore island of Cancun.
The fellow who had sailed it there, died.
His widow wanted to sell it off, but couldn't sell it there
(apparently) so wanted it brought back and sold.

My son in Texas was all fired up to pay the bargain price, but an
ex-pat on the spot liked what he saw and bought it as a US transfer.

Shucks!

Brian W

So what's a US transfer?

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:14:08 -0800, ray lunder

My son in Texas was all fired up to pay the bargain price, but an
ex-pat on the spot liked what he saw and bought it as a US transfer.

Shucks!

Brian W

So what's a US transfer?

I was hoping somebody would tell ME the details of that!

:-)

Brian W

buying a foreign boat JohnM Cruising 19 October 17th 07 04:13 AM
buying a foreign boat JohnM ASA 0 October 9th 07 07:59 AM
Flagging a boat in a foreign country jaybird Cruising 39 August 24th 06 02:27 AM
How to drag a boat off land ? rcoleman General 33 June 2nd 05 03:12 AM
FS: Windtek Land Yacht 3 wheel land sailer - Sail anywhere! Bobsprit ASA 0 September 21st 03 02:14 PM