posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default buying a foreign boat

Can someone help me with this?
I will be traveling from Australia via LA to British Virgin Islands in
November to inspect and hopefully buy a boat. I want to then sail on to
other ports.
The US Visa Waiver Program means I can transit the US if I have an ongoing
ticket - fine. British Virgins has a similar program but I won't have an
ongoing ticket as I will be exiting by boat. It's dificult for me to get to
the British Consulate for an interview and advice on this. Would it be
possible to purchase an ongoing ticket to Dominica or even back to SanJuan
to satisfy the requirements then simply not use it.
Hope someone can help. Time is running out.
Thanks in advance.

Buying a Boat Don Dando General 0 March 11th 07 02:23 AM
Flagging a boat in a foreign country jaybird Cruising 39 August 24th 06 02:27 AM
buying a new boat Billy General 9 March 15th 05 01:31 AM
Buying A K1 boat Steve Cramer General 0 September 26th 04 11:29 PM
"Chesapeake Bay Boat Buying" followup/Boat search update Skip Gundlach Cruising 20 December 15th 03 09:50 PM